Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rogue moderators moving threads  (Read 3157 times)

Description:

Offline Boot_WBTopic starter

• Show only replies by Boot_WB
    • http://www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk
Rogue moderators moving threads
« on: July 15, 2014, 03:15:43 PM »
A topic discussing servicing the liquid coolilng system of the G5 Powermac was originally posted in the  "Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion" forum.

"This forum is dedicated to the discussion and resolution of issues related to Classic and Next Generation Amiga hardware. "

This topic was moved by a member of forum staff to an unsuitable forum:

Amiga.org » Operating System Specific Discussions » MorphOS » MorphOS -- Hardware requirements and availability discussion

"Discussion of the available hardware for MorphOS"

Please explain - for the benefit of all members who would like to discuss topics without them being post-edited by someone else, why this does not belong in " Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion" whilst a dicussion on Xena / X-1000 does.

Ultimately, what was gained by the moving of this thread, and what was the motivation?

Many thanks.
Mac Mini G4 (1.5GHz, 64MB VRam, 1GB Ram): MorphOS 3.6
Powerbook 5.8 (15", 1.67GHz, 128MB VRam, 1GB Ram): MorphOS 3.8.

Windows-free since 2011-2014 (Damn you Netflix!)

Offline wawrzon

Re: Rogue moderators moving threads
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 03:42:45 PM »
was pretty expectable, isnt it? in fact the amiga hardware forum is for amiga and amiga compatible hardware, i would say, and not for any next gen hardware, for which there are appropriate categories. the discussion about the xmos chip doesnt belong there as well, it should go into the "Amiga OS 4.x (future) Hardware Compatibility Discussions" section. looking at the content of these sections it is the only reasonable conclusion, the thread was posted there by mistake.

Offline itix

• Show only replies by itix
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 04:48:11 AM »
Quote from: Boot_WB;769020
A topic discussing servicing the liquid coolilng system of the G5 Powermac was originally posted in the  "Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion" forum.

This topic was moved by a member of forum staff to an unsuitable forum:

Amiga.org » Operating System Specific Discussions » MorphOS » MorphOS -- Hardware requirements and availability discussion

Please explain - for the benefit of all members who would like to discuss topics without them being post-edited by someone else, why this does not belong in " Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion" whilst a dicussion on Xena / X-1000 does.

Ultimately, what was gained by the moving of this thread, and what was the motivation?

Many thanks.

I think it would be more clear if the site management started new forum for AmigaOne or AmigaOS 4. "AmigaOS 4 -- Hardware requirements and availability discussion". Right now there is no dedicated forum for OS4 topics.
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook

Offline Boot_WBTopic starter

• Show only replies by Boot_WB
    • http://www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 10:43:17 AM »
Quote from: itix;769089
I think it would be more clear if the site management started new forum for AmigaOne or AmigaOS 4. "AmigaOS 4 -- Hardware requirements and availability discussion". Right now there is no dedicated forum for OS4 topics.

A discussion on servicing hardware doesn't belong in the 'hardware requirements and availability' forum anyway.

I had been happy to try coming back here on the priomise that the farce the previous owner created was over. Currently it looks a lot like someone on staff has the intellectual and emotional maturity of a fruitfly, so I probably won't bother for that much longer.
Mac Mini G4 (1.5GHz, 64MB VRam, 1GB Ram): MorphOS 3.6
Powerbook 5.8 (15", 1.67GHz, 128MB VRam, 1GB Ram): MorphOS 3.8.

Windows-free since 2011-2014 (Damn you Netflix!)

Offline TeamBlackFox

• Master SPARC
    • Show only replies by TeamBlackFox
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 08:30:57 PM »
I think this belongs between you, Boot_WB, and the staff. I'd PM a staff member you trust and work it out with them - publicly insulting someone isn't the mature way to handle this. I for one like that A-EON took over and I hope to see more transparency between staff and members.
After many years in the Amiga community I have decided to leave the Amiga community permanently. If you have a question about SGI or Sun computers please PM me and I will return your contact as soon as I can.