Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Yup, I just banned him...  (Read 16217 times)

Description:

Offline salax54

• Show only replies by salax54
Re: Yup, I just banned him...
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2013, 01:55:22 PM »
What Retrofan said. You must really be very proud of your moderation skills, eh? So much as to shout it out too...
If that's the case, can i please have a ban myself too? I'll really enjoy it!
I'm with CommodoreJohn on this.

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2013, 02:11:54 PM »
Quote from: koaftder;749982
Meh, this is what happens when you take a dump in a subforum you don't care for.

As for this thread, I don't see it really helping...

+1
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline SysAdmin

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2013, 02:59:59 PM »
Moved to Amiga.org Discussion and Site Feedback.
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2013, 03:10:41 PM »
Right, so there will be a site announcement on the front page every time someone is temp banned? Will there be animgif banners or tags on the front page when someone is permabanned?

Offline SysAdmin

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2013, 03:22:02 PM »
Quote from: odin;749999
Right, so there will be a site announcement on the front page every time someone is temp banned? Will there be animgif banners or tags on the front page when someone is permabanned?

No there will not be site announcements for this.
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.

Offline EDanaII

• Show only replies by EDanaII
    • http://www.EdwardGDanaII.info
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2013, 03:24:10 PM »
OK, so... banned for violating the TOS because he protested the creation of a Forum that has nothing to do with Amigas and was created long after he agreed to anything?

Something's outta whack here...

Ya know, I maintain a forum about WWII and B-17s. I should open a sub-forum about Amigas because, like the B-17, the Amiga was built by smart engineering. Yea, my subscribers would appreciate that...
Ed.

Offline cgutjahr

• Show only replies by cgutjahr
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2013, 03:30:03 PM »
Meh, this is what happens when you take a dump in a subforum you don't care for.

Not sure I would refer to his thread (it's still there, btw.) as "taking a dump". The "electric cars" section is a total waste of space and only exists to create some revenue for the site owner. And, more importantly: every time you stumble over it you're reminded that said site owner is trying to cover that up.

+1

Offline Madshib

• Show only replies by Madshib
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2013, 03:43:25 PM »
I haven't been here very long, but I appreciate the moderator for letting us know that an individual was banned. This site appears to have those that can be critical negatively without anything (apparently) positive to say.

I do think this is a place to get trolled and I am glad that someone did something. Not only that, this thread in particular  is not a soapbox, it's a warning to others that also share the same "approach" tho thread and topic response.

Thank you for letting us know, now let's move along with the point taken for what it should be.

Be constructive, be friendly, and be positive. Amigans such as myself, appreciate that much more.

Offline itix

• Show only replies by itix
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2013, 03:45:23 PM »
I think problem is that mods here are passive aggressive (reminds me about Argo):

And to get to the "New Posts" page you have to what? Huh? I'm sorry, did you just say first log in (this tab is not available to visitors) and specifically click on the link which is nothing more then an automated search for the latest posted topics?

UH-OH! Did the word "search" just HAPPEN to pop out? I'm sorry, I shouldn't use that word because that not only debunks your argument but proves that you are arguing with a Mod!

OH NOs!!! Is a mod actually talking BACK to you?!?! Is he actually going to kick you for a week because you not only started a useless, negative thread but wouldn't back off???

Geez, if only this situation, collectively and individually, was covered by some governing body or written agreement that each and every member needs to sign before joining A.ORG...

If you don't have anything nice or constructive to say, DON'T!

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showpost.php?p=749920&postcount=5
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook

Offline Terminills

• Grand Conspirator
    • Show only replies by Terminills
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2013, 04:05:38 PM »

My My a certain mod seems to like to announce Banning people.

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showpost.php?p=706980&postcount=1
Support AROS sponsor a developer.

edited by mod: this has been addressed

Offline ZeBeeDee

• Show only replies by ZeBeeDee
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2013, 04:38:24 PM »
May as well ban everyone and be done with it
To err is human ... to BOING divine!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2013, 04:41:07 PM »
Quote from: OlafS3;749974
Not only if one week makes sense... the way it was published as "news" is, to say it politely,a little strange. Then when I stand up can I publish it as news too? And when one person attacked in public he should have a chance to defend himself.

It's ugly. All of it.

A lot of strange things going on here lately. I think this site is in free-fall.

:(
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline Trev

• Zero
    • Show only replies by Trev
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2013, 04:49:41 PM »
@ZeBeeDee

I choose to self-ban. There's a real world out there not governed by terms of service. Thankfully, Starbucks doesn't ask us to leave in response to nonsequiturs.

Offline vox

• Show only replies by vox
    • http://anticusa.wordpress.com
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2013, 04:57:10 PM »
Quote from: Terminills;750009
My My a certain mod seems to like to announce Banning people.

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showpost.php?p=706980&postcount=1

I am a live evidence that if user can change behav, he can turn out the
perma-ban.
Future Acube and MOS supporter, fi di good, nothing fi di unprofessionals. Learn it harder way! http://www.youtube.com/user/rasvoja and https://www.facebook.com/rasvoja

Offline J-GoldenTopic starter

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
    • Show only replies by J-Golden
    • http://about.me/J.Golden
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2013, 05:01:20 PM »
The reason Commodrejohn was banned for a week was because he broke the TOS after he was given a warning.

I announced it for several reasons.  First was that I usually make it known when I do this because I feel everyone deserves to know when such an action is taken.  I do not ban from the shadows nor do I do it without giving a warning or five.  By making it a news item I can make sure everyone has a chance to know what a Mod has done, not to showcase the individual.

Second, the reasons he was banned echoed of an on going issue on A.ORG.  My, "There's a new Sheriff in town" talk could have been done better, but on the same note there is no one perfect way to describe or explain my position.

Was there more to CJs ban then what is in the thread?  Yes.  Am I going to talk about the particulars?  No.  The OP covered the breaches so, hopefully, this will be avoided in the future.

Truth is I HATE putting out names.  The only reason I do it here is for the reasons I mentioned above.  If you think my tactics are too much one way or another, okay, that's fine.  But if you want to express yourself about me or anyone else on A.ORG in an abusive way, that's not fine.

People are allowed to have a difference of opinion and as I've said on countless occasions that is what makes the Amiga so great!  But when you purposely post to cause discord or anything else that breaks the TOS, how can you NOT get penalized?  

Oh, and if you think I am allowed to run around banning people willy-nilly, I already have, and replied to, a PM from SysAdmin to explain my actions.  It's all part of the job.  I know it is thankless.  But I still do it and I'll continue to do it the best way I know how.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 05:06:14 PM by J-Golden »
AMIGA: (NOUN) THE FIRST COMPUTER THAT BRIDGED THE GAP BETWEEN HUMANITY AND TECHNOLOGY.

I'm a dyslectic, phonetic spelling English Major. It's funny 'cause it's TRUE!:roflmao:

WWBD?

Offline slaapliedje

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by slaapliedje
« Reply #29 from previous page: October 13, 2013, 05:33:11 PM »
I find it kind of useful to know who's been banned and for how long.  If you happen to be corresponding with someone that you only know through here, and they get banned for a week, at least you'd know why they weren't replying.

slaapliedje
A4000D: Mediator 4000Di; Voodoo 3, ZorRAM 128MB, 10/100mb Ethernet, Spider 2. Cyberstorm PPC 060/50 604e/420.