Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Banned list?  (Read 9224 times)

Description:

Offline crawffTopic starter

• Show only replies by crawff
Banned list?
« on: June 14, 2011, 01:16:55 PM »
Is there a list of members who are banned from this site?

I haven't seen Franko for a while.

Development feature?

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
Re: Banned list?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 01:30:23 PM »
Quote from: crawff;645125
Is there a list of members who are banned from this site?

I haven't seen Franko for a while.

Development feature?

Franko is taking a break.  He isn't banned.  :)
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline orb85750

• Show only replies by orb85750
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 01:34:17 PM »
He has already reached the max posts per year and can resume in 2012.

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by gertsy
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 02:11:24 PM »
LOL  That soon ?

Offline crawffTopic starter

• Show only replies by crawff
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 03:58:43 PM »
Maybe he is on holiday lapping up the sun in Spain. :-)

Offline the_leander

• Show only replies by the_leander
    • http://www.extropia.co.uk/theleander/
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 04:27:15 PM »
Quote from: orb85750;645135

Sadly not, he keeps putting up "Open Letter" threads aimed at Wayne specifically and the Moderators more generally. They're pretty whiny stuff that amount to "Baaaaaawwwww".

And so keep getting deleted. :lol:
Blessed Be,
Alan Fisher - the_leander

[SIGPIC]http://www.extropia.co.uk/theleander/[/SIGPIC]

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 04:32:30 PM »
Quote from: the_leander;645200
Sadly not, he keeps putting up "Open Letter" threads aimed at Wayne specifically and the Moderators more generally. They're pretty whiny stuff that amount to "Baaaaaawwwww".

And so keep getting deleted. :lol:

Go find a job to keep yourself occupied... :)

Offline the_leander

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 04:37:11 PM »
Quote from: Franko;645202
Go find a job to keep yourself occupied... :)

Got one ta.

And in answer to your question

Quote from: Franko;645181

Why were both of these threads deleted ?

Uhuh...

At a guess...

From the TOS

Remember you're in public
Feel free to publicly criticize ideas. If you have a personal comment to or about someone, we don't need to hear it. It doesn't concern us. Take personal items to e-mail. All posts as comments or to the forums are subject to the Moderation Policy.

Just guessing, mind.
Blessed Be,

Offline Franko

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 05:02:03 PM »
Quote from: the_leander;645205
Got one ta.

Glad to hear you've found employment once again and despite what you think I actually have no beef with yourself, it seems to be the other way round from your posts of recent days that you have a some sort of beef with me for some reason.

As you quoted the TOS, then Wayne is clearly violating them with his posts directed at me personally.

I can give as good as I get and am quite happy to do so, as that's the way I like to do things. When it comes to Wayne being able to say whatever he likes about me without being moderated and when I reply in the same manner I get moderated then that is my only complaint here as I could go all day long responding to such posts as I generally find them quite amusing.

But as long as this situation goes on then I'll make it clear by whatever means that this is unfair and I'm not happy with it... ;)

Offline the_leander

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 05:19:50 PM »
Quote from: Franko;645211
I actually have no beef with yourself, it seems to be the other way round from your posts of recent days that you have a some sort of beef with me for some reason.

If you can't understand why I might take issue with some of the things you have said not only to me but to people I'm friends with then I can't really help you on that.

As you quoted the TOS, then Wayne is clearly violating them with his posts directed at me personally.

That's what the report abuse button is for.

But as long as this situation goes on then I'll make it clear by whatever means that this is unfair and I'm not happy with it... ;)

Try putting your open message in the sock drawer. Seems to me that section was practically born for such things. As for it being unfair, in my 30 years of life if there is one thing I have learned time and time again is that life is unfair.
Blessed Be,

Offline Franko

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 05:39:28 PM »
Quote from: the_leander;645217
If you can't understand why I might take issue with some of the things you have said not only to me but to people I'm friends with then I can't really help you on that.

I have only ever responded to you in the same manner in which you posted things about me (the past couple of days being a prime example).

As for you claiming because certain folk are your friends then that just a cop out, I don't ask folk to defend me and quite often ask them to keep out of it if I have a disagreement with someone.

To me we should all be grown up enough to be able to respond to things said ourselves without others jumping in to defend their friends and that applies to me as well.

That's what the report abuse button is for.

While I don't like to use that button, I have been forced to in recent days and on a number of occasion it a has been ignored despite being sent on more than one occasion for the same post.

Which just goes to prove my point about certain bias being shown here.

Try putting your open message in the sock drawer. Seems to me that section was practically born for such things. As for it being unfair, in my 30 years of life if there is one thing I have learned time and time again is that life is unfair.

The open letter to Wayne was moved to the sock drawer first by someone and then it was deleted by someone. Also there is no point in me responding to Wayne in those threads when his posts go unmoderated and my responses to them get moderated or deleted for using the exact same words as he does.

I know life isn't fair I did after all spend over 20 years being a Shop Steward and Regional Union Rep fighting for workers rights and believe me I've seen plenty unfair things in life and fought them all the way to the bitter end on behalf of the members no matter what the personal cost to my own health and job security.

Offline the_leander

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 05:50:09 PM »
Quote from: Franko;645225
I have only ever responded to you in the same manner in which you posted things about me (the past couple of days being a prime example).

Very nice, except the above is utter bunkum my old fruit. You previously dismissed your attacks against me as "humour" and in fact have done that to a good few folk on here "oh I didn't mean anything by it, they just don't get my sense of humour".

As for you claiming because certain folk are your friends then that just a cop out, I don't ask folk to defend me and quite often ask them to keep out of it if I have a disagreement with someone.

They didn't ask either, thing is about friendship, they don't have to. Whether you feel that that is a cop out is your issue, not mine.

While I don't like to use that button, I have been forced to in recent days and on a number of occasion it a has been ignored despite being sent on more than one occasion for the same post.

Which just goes to prove my point about certain bias being shown here.

Nothing to do with the people running this site taking a dim view of your attempt to blackmail this site into doing your bidding then eh? Nosir!
Blessed Be,

Offline Franko

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 06:04:22 PM »
Quote from: the_leander;645227
Very nice, except the above is utter bunkum my old fruit. You previously dismissed your attacks against me as "humour" and in fact have done that to a good few folk on here "oh I didn't mean anything by it, they just don't get my sense of humour".

Look... I know you cant understand things very well and that's why you always resort to dismissing them out of hand with your predictably boring replies that just like every thing else you post is down to your lack of intelligence and inability to give a straight and reasonable answer.

It;s your lack of humour that makes everything you reply with utter bunkum not mine.

They didn't ask either, thing is about friendship, they don't have to. Whether you feel that that is a cop out is your issue, not mine.

It's not an issue for me, it's just nothing more than a pathetic excuse your using as someone who can keep his big nose out of things that don't concern him. so get over it.

Nothing to do with the people running this site taking a dim view of your attempt to blackmail this site into doing your bidding then eh? Nosir!

Gawd... you are dumb "Blackmail" what the frig are you on, guess that why I just received a PM from Transtition telling me I bring interest & fun to this site and I am welcome here anytime, kinda strange form of Blackmail that... :roflmao:

Offline curtis

• Show only replies by curtis
    • http://www.suddenlink.net/pages/curtismc
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2011, 06:18:17 PM »
Quote from: orb85750;645135

There's a maximum?  What is it?

From what I've seen there should be quite a few people who've hit that limit and should have to take time to reflect on proper decorum.

Just my 2 cents.

Hope I haven't hit the max limit!!!
Outside a dog, a book is a man\'s best friend. Inside a dog it\'s too dark to read! Groucho Marx

Curtis McCain

http://pages.suddenlink.net/curtismc/

Offline the_leander

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2011, 06:23:08 PM »
Quote from: Franko;645231
Look... I know I cant understand things very well and that's why I always resort to dismissing them out of hand with my predictably unpleasant and demeaning replies that just like every thing else I post is down to my lack of intelligence and inability to give a straight and reasonable answer.

Oh hey, that works too!

You go after people with whom you disagree, you make "humourous" comments about them, await the inevitable response and then go at it, anyone who challenges you and you play the victim. Great, it's top drawer trolling and major kudos for it.

Quote from: Franko;645231

Gawd... you are dumb "Blackmail" what the frig are you on

Forgotten already have you? Allow me to refresh your memory:

Quote from: Franko;644743

You see Wayne it's idiots like you with your petty vendettas and just plain hatred that stop folk like me from donating to this great site, when they are at the whim of some crazy old man who's only aim is to bring this site down out of spite because you have obviously fell off the deep end... there is one main thing this site could really do without and that is you Wayne...

Or, put more plainly: If someone doesn't get rid of Wayne I won't donate no more!

Perhaps extortion might have been a better description. That or spitting your dummy out because you can't get what you want...

Btw, re-reading that thread, you have absolutely nothing to complain about given some of the stuff that has been left on there. Both you and Wayne had posts moderated in that thread too.
Blessed Be,