Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What is the usual shipping delay from Amigakit?  (Read 5572 times)

Description:

Offline slaapliedjeTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by slaapliedje
What is the usual shipping delay from Amigakit?
« on: June 13, 2019, 09:48:58 PM »
I've ordered some things on May 31st, but the order still says pending.  Anyone else have this long of a shipping delay?  Could be because I'm just spoiled by Amazon Prime...

A4000D: Mediator 4000Di; Voodoo 3, ZorRAM 128MB, 10/100mb Ethernet, Spider 2. Cyberstorm PPC 060/50 604e/420.

Online amigakit

Re: What is the usual shipping delay from Amigakit?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 11:34:59 PM »
Thanks for your order and apologies for the delay.

We are awaiting more Rapid Road X-Surf which were due over a week ago and the package went missing between us and the manufacturer.  We have ordered a "backup" package whilst Individual investigate the missing first package...
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 11:40:30 PM »
D'oh, that makes sense.  Thanks for the info. 

Hopefully you get the shipment eventually, don't want those Amiga bandits stealing our hardware :P
A4000D: Mediator 4000Di; Voodoo 3, ZorRAM 128MB, 10/100mb Ethernet, Spider 2. Cyberstorm PPC 060/50 604e/420.

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 02:02:48 AM »
Ha, ordered some more things while waiting for the first order.  Maybe since the other stuff hasn't shipped yet, you could just combine it and save me some on shipping?

Online amigakit

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 11:36:42 AM »
Good news: Rapid Road is here at last.  The manufacturer, Individual computer has also confirmed that the metal back plate brackets for the product are finally ready and things will start moving very shortly.

Thanks for your patience.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 11:38:39 AM by amigakit »
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 03:49:33 PM »
Excellent news! 

Offline Dege

• Show only replies by Dege
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2020, 12:57:19 PM »
My wait has been roughly 1-2 months sadly.

Offline Dege

• Show only replies by Dege
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2020, 12:59:57 PM »
Posted this earlier in the wrong thread.

Sadly nothing has changed at Amigakit.  I have had trouble with each and every order I've had with them.  Currently I have an order made on July 1 2020.  Still pending!  No word.  No response to my once a week emails requesting an update.  I love that there is a store that has support for my Amigas.  I hate that the payment for your order is promptly collected but literally months can go by with NO response.

I would be very cautious of ordering anything at all from them until they can actually do more than collect your money and post pending on the order.  Just my opinion based on first hand experience.

Offline Gryfon

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2020, 04:14:45 PM »
In my personal experience I've ordered maybe 30 or more things from Amiga Kit over the years.
A recapped A1200 took about 3 months from hand-delivery to receiving back - but I did say I didn't need it right away!
On the other hand I was very annoyed when ordering something which said was "in stock" at the time of order - an SD-to IDE adaptor - but waited over a month to be delivered.  And other things have taken longer to arrive in the last couple of years.

I've met the guys several times, been to their store and am painfully aware as much as I love Amigas this is a niche market.
It's a very small team and they are not millionaires or time-rich.
My 2 cents - I'm thankful we have something like them at all.
\\"We should take off and nuke the entire site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure.\\" Ripley, Aliens