Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AresOne 2011 System, µATX AM3 Board, AMD Sempron 2.8 GHz, 2 GB RAM DDR3 PC1333, Radeo  (Read 4652 times)

Description:

phoenixkonsole

Re: AresOne 2011 System, µATX AM3 Board, AMD Sempron 2.8 GHz, 2 GB RAM DDR3 PC1333, R
« Reply #14 from previous page: October 28, 2011, 08:15:48 PM »
AMC is not open source. http://www.ares-shop.de

Broadway is based on the AROS nightlies, while it is a mix of many builds.
Because sometime some parts get broken, so sometimes it is better to stick on an older file.

Broadway is the same + preinstalled apps (not all of them are opensource).

The difference to a nightly is that Broadway is preconfigured to run on AresOne. So sound and ethernet works out of the box, while on an other machines you will need to chose another device driver.

But don't worry. People like you piss me off too. That's the reason why next Broadway will be last Broadway release. For you it is money, for me it is time.

I think 2 distributions are really enough.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 08:20:01 PM by phoenixkonsole »

Offline Zac67

• Show only replies by Zac67
In contrast to the CUSA crap this machine seems to be very reasonably priced (I wonder what the 400W PSU is for though). And one advert post a year isn't bad at all.

Keep going!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 09:43:44 PM by Zac67 »

Offline trekiej

good grief
Amiga 2000 Forever :)
Welcome to the Planar System.

Offline Boudicca

• Show only replies by Boudicca
Quote from: phoenixkonsole;665600
AMC is not open source. http://www.ares-shop.de

Broadway is based on the AROS nightlies, while it is a mix of many builds.
Because sometime some parts get broken, so sometimes it is better to stick on an older file.

Broadway is the same + preinstalled apps (not all of them are opensource).

The difference to a nightly is that Broadway is preconfigured to run on AresOne. So sound and ethernet works out of the box, while on an other machines you will need to chose another device driver.

But don't worry. People like you piss me off too. That's the reason why next Broadway will be last Broadway release. For you it is money, for me it is time.

Sorry you feel this a personal dig, It isn't but it is open source and you need to address the terms of the licence. So you need to ensure the the build can be creatable include tool chains (Under the terms) including the binaries. (If they are not open sourced, can you details of those vendors, so we can remove the not open source from the distro.)

I know from the sounds of things your sincerely want to aid the community. I would be happy to donate towards a Distro that isn't hiding under the table and where the sources, tools and everything is in the open and can be recreated with sources and that I can install on my PC not one sourced elsewhere.

I believe that AROS should be a full distro with as much of the community together as possible but it needs to survive past a single vendor, it needs to be ours not yours. Sorry thats how I feel about it.
was Enterprise Vault (Its an Exchange Fail!), now its EMC Avamar, Dedupe for mostly everything including brain cells.

Offline Boudicca

Now I spent yesterday evening with tooth ache running round in circles on the aros broadway aros home the what someones shop and didnt see a downloads for the distro page. Today, I found it straight away now, other than me being thick, which is probably the case. This has so many fronts, that it is really confusing the f*ck out of me. I take it back that there's a distro iso here. So will spin that and see how that goes. Cheers.

http://www.aros-broadway.de/broadway.iso.7z

I think it was answered in the last post by trekiej at the number of links............Good grief is very apt. Talk about lost/found, burying it in peat for 3 years...Douglas would be proud. All thats finally needed on the Aros Broadway downloads page is a popup saying "Beware of the Leopard!"
was Enterprise Vault (Its an Exchange Fail!), now its EMC Avamar, Dedupe for mostly everything including brain cells.

Offline Boudicca

Fair do's I spend my life doing that......what keeps me sane. No more Distro's, that is a sad thing. I was hoping to see a full Distro for AROS at some stage. That Im happy to support.

Money (not for commodity hardware, no) Money for this distro ie donations, count me in. Now I've been pointed at the right page (even on your own links), for me this is key.

Time is valuable I appreciate.

Offline Fats

• Show only replies by Fats

Whatever decision you make, don't led it be decided by what some ... on amiga.org post.

greets,
Saf.
Trust me...                                              I know what I\'m doing