Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Emu68-VC4 issues  (Read 2187 times)

Description:

Offline bradhansen1Topic starter

• Show all replies
Emu68-VC4 issues
« on: October 25, 2023, 10:46:52 PM »
Hi All, I have been trying in vain to get my Emu68 RTG working on my PiStorm Lite on my A1200 running
OS3.2.2.1. When first loaded Emu68 software into Picasso96 the RTG setup worked well. My monitor has dual
VGA and HDMI connections. So when I was running a program like ADPro which isn't RTG friendly all I have to do
was switch my monitor to VGA and I was in business and so forth. Eventually I decided I just wanted to run in
VGA and so I did. But when I wanted to switch back to run full colors images and such it did not work any more.
Since then I have tried over and over again to get it to work, no luck. One contributor on here said he had the same
problem and all he did was pull his PiStorm and reseat it and it worked again. Well after 100 pulls I am still no where
and seem to be getting farther and farther behind. Please see my pics below. First issue I have is when I load the
Picasso96Mode prefs file when I click on "attach to settings" menu item my board is identified as "VideoCore" and not
Emu68-VC4 even though My Devs monitors Picasso IV identifies the board as Emu68-VC4 as does my Libs/Picasso96
folder. Can anyone tell my why that is? After I go through the setup on Picasso96Mode prefs file and attach the VideoCore
board and choose my Resolutions and Modes and then save it, restart and then go to ScreenModes no Emu-68 video
modes show up. Also here is a pic of my Emu68 start screen with date and info, can someone tell me if this is what I should
be using?
Thanks to anyone who can offer help and all the best to everyone else.
Brad Hansen
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 11:05:22 PM by bradhansen1 »

• Show all replies
Re: Emu68-VC4 issues
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2023, 10:07:38 PM »
Hi Andy, Yes we have gone over this before but I am still struggling. Yes when I do the test in Picasso96Mode
prefs I do get a blank grey screen. The shot I took is from The load page when I start my Amiga with
just my HDMI connected. I get the static Emu68 page but nothing happens. I was just showing what version
I’m running and hoping someone would say it the correct one or not. Yes, the screenmode prefs does show the
videocore screen mode but when I choose it I just get a very pale grey screen. And yes the “Settingsfile=Sys
is in the icon tool types and in the devs folder. Thanks for all this. Any other thing you can think
of would be most helpful.
Brad Hansen

• Show all replies
Re: Emu68-VC4 issues
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2023, 11:19:11 PM »
Thank you for the information, Amyren, I get the Emu68 startup screen on hdmi output
so it is not that. Andy, running Pi 3B+.