Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sintech - anyone used this co before to purchase software???  (Read 3458 times)

Description:

Offline SarahLBTopic starter

• Show only replies by SarahLB
Hi

Sintech is a German based company which sells Amiga software, hardware etc etc.

www.sintech-shop.de

They have a game I am interested in getting which is reasonably priced, but as I have never used them before, I just wondered if anyone out there could recommend them having used used them before??

Offline chris

Re: Sintech - anyone used this co before to purchase software???
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 08:30:16 AM »
I've not used them myself, but know of people that have, and the only criticism (that I can remember, anyway) is that they can be a bit expensive.
"Miracles we do at once, the impossible takes a little longer" - AJS on Hyperion
Avatar picture is Tabitha by Eric W Schwartz

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 07:17:52 PM »
Well, I didn't think that £17.99 or EUR25.99 was that bad for one boxed game as new including postage!  Considering I cannot find the game on Ebay or anything, I figured it must be worth it!

I am more concerned that as I have never heard of them until now so had never used them, and do not know anyone who has ever used them that I might get stung.......had a problem over no item being sent after payment being taken from my account a few months ago from another company based in the UK that I will not mention because I don't want to seem like I am slagging anyone off or giving them a bad name!!:roll:

Thanks for your reply; I guess I will go ahead!! :-D  

Offline x56h34

• Show only replies by x56h34
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 09:23:04 PM »
I used them before when I bought their new and improved membranes for ZX Spectrum 48+ and 128k. Everything went smoothly, other that the fact is that the membranes themselves were not really as good as advertised.

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 05:44:59 PM »
@ x56h34

So would your experience put you off using them again?  

Offline x56h34

• Show only replies by x56h34
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 06:02:40 PM »
I'd definitely give it a good thought before sending money. After I wrote back explaining my problem,
Sintech claimed that the membranes for Spectrums work just fine and that I should re-check if I installed them correctly. I've spent a few hrs playing around with it and made a conclusion that everything was in fact installed fine and that some keys simply wouldn't work smoothly or at all. I think that the production of those new membranes was a rush job, and Sintech doesn't want to admit it. I've also seen similar reports from other people claiming the same thing as I, in regards to the membranes.

So my experience was kind of negative, however I'm not sure if the same applies to all of their products. It definitely gives you a heads up that you are dealing with incompetence, in my opinion.

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2005, 09:21:39 PM »
@ x56h34

Oh bugger!  I have sent them EUR25.99 for a game I wanted.......I certainly hope that this will be more straightforward than the problems you obviously dealt with.

I shall see how this transaction goes but you have certainly put me on my guard; the minute something goes wrong I am going to involve Paypal!!

Thanks for the advice; I'll let you know if I have any probs!

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2005, 01:18:02 PM »
Hi there

just to let everyone know that the game I ordered turned up on Friday and was exactly as stated so no probs with Sintech for software!  Definitely reccommended from this point of view!