Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga30.com event in July... who's going?  (Read 347 times)

Description:

Offline jfoustTopic starter

Amiga30.com event in July... who's going?
« on: March 13, 2015, 05:56:27 PM »
I was pleasantly surprised to hear about this Amiga30.com event.

Who's going?

Offline amiga1260

• Show only replies by amiga1260
Re: Amiga30.com event in July... who's going?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 09:53:24 PM »
I'm going to the Amiga30.com event with my Amiga 600.

Offline apsturk

• Show only replies by apsturk
    • http://amigaonthelake.com
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 12:43:34 AM »
I plan on going and also looking into maybe sponsoring.
AmigaOnTheLake.com
AmigaOne X1000 | OS4.1FE | Radeon R9 280X | 480Gb SSD | 4Gb | 27 ViewSonic VP2770|
Amiga 500 | CPU 68010| Megachip 2 meg | Kickstart 3.1 | GVP 500HD+8 ROM 4.15 8 meg fast ram | ECS Indevision | SCSI2SD 4gig | BetterWB 4.0 | CD - Zip drives and Plipbox.
Amiga 1200 | Indivision 1200 AGA MK2cr | CF 4gig | ACA 1233 55.55mhz | OS3.9 | FastATA 1200 MK-V | Rapid Road
2 MorphOS Paid for copies. Running on Mac Mini 1.5Ghz

Offline Tenacious

• Show only replies by Tenacious
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 03:34:41 AM »
In case anyone is interested, here is the link to the actual Computer History Museum.

http://www.computerhistory.org/

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 09:45:22 PM »
I was considering it, but gah! How did it get to be March already?  Don't think I'll have time to plan a trip between now and July.  :(  When is AmiWest going to be, this year?
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline wrath of khan

• Show only replies by wrath of khan
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 10:18:36 PM »
Ive bought a ticket so I'll probably end up going.

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 12:01:29 AM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;786334
I was considering it, but gah! How did it get to be March already?  Don't think I'll have time to plan a trip between now and July.  :(  When is AmiWest going to be, this year?
dunno the exact dates yet, but amiwest 2015 will be in october. i don't think the SACC guys have settled on which weekend just yet.

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Offline DiskChris

• Show only replies by DiskChris
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 12:37:18 PM »
Planning on it! Even volunteered to run bring my A2000 or A500 and run an exhibit! Although I made it very clear they were MY machines not donations so they would be coming back with me afterwards...just in case there was any confusion :lol:

Offline Yasu

• Show only replies by Yasu
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2015, 12:44:40 PM »
I would go if I could :(

Offline Tenacious

• Show only replies by Tenacious
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2015, 04:44:38 PM »
Quote from: Yasu;786349
I would go if I could :(

Me too.  

Every time that I've been out there and had some time to spare, it was after 4 o'clock in the afternoon (CHM closes at 5pm).  Is there a presentation of the evolution of personal computers?  Does Amiga, other than the upcoming 30 year anniversary, have a presence in this museum?  If not, maybe it will after.  :)

There is a lot of other cool things in the area: WeirdStuff Warehouse (within about 2 miles!), The Long Now Foundation (Fort Mason), Exploritorium (SF), etc.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 05:49:30 PM by Tenacious »

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2015, 05:09:47 PM »
I don't know if its worth traveling all the way across the country for what might be a small event/venue.
And to be honest with you guys, my primary interest these days is NG OS'.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline RobertB

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by RobertB
    • http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2015, 06:19:28 AM »
I will be there, and I hope that other members of FCUG, TOGA, and SCCAN will be going, too.

I tried to forward the original announcement from Bill Bosari to the News section here, but I guess it was not accepted.  Here is the original message:

--------

Subject: Amiga 30th anniversary celebration at the Computer History Museum July 25th and 26th update
Date: 9-Mar-2015

Holy cow lots has happened behind the scenes. Of course behind the scenes means it's looked like nothing has been happening but that is not the case.

We are putting the final touches on a kickstarter campaign to fund this event. The primary goal will be to collect donations with perks ranging from T-shirts to banquet tickets to unique Amiga memorabilia. We will have two stretch goals for the kickstarter, internet streaming, and a full two day event!

We have already received some corporate sponsorship to help getting us started. By community funding this event we will be able to host Amiga related groups and companies for the two day event with little cost for the access to the space.

The Computer History Museum (CHM) in Mountain View, CA is the premier location to honor the Amiga's contribution to the PC revolution. Just this past weekend the CHM hosted the 25th anniversary of the launch of Photoshop. The CHM has also seen the 30th anniversary for the C= 64 and the Apple Macintosh. This is the place bar none.

The banquet will be the jewel of the weekend. We will feature historical displays (expanded if we can fund the two day event), special video presentations, and a panel featuring original Amiga Corporation engineers and current Amiga movers and shakers. The panel will include, Dale Luck, Dave Needle, and many more. Did I mention that the Lorraine prototype boards, Amiga 1000 Serial #1, and an Amiga development machine will be at the event? You can see from the image taken at a recent video shoot for the kickstarter some of the history we will have.

(snip)

What do we need from you? Hang in there another week or so for the announcement of the official kickstarter launch. We will be offering banquet tickets in two tiers to reward the early birds.

We are also looking for volunteers and keepers of Amiga historical items, please contact me.

Finally, if you were a member of the original Amiga 1000 launch team, YOU ARE INVITED, if we have not contacted you yet, please reach me by PM here.

This is going to be an amazing and once in a lifetime event for the Amiga Community. It's the 30th anniversary and our favorite girl deserves a big birthday party, help make it happen!

Bill "tekmage" Borsari

PS, there are other events being planned so watch for and attend those as well!

(snip)

--------

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
The Other Group of Amigoids
http://home.comcast.net/~togausergroup/index.html
Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network
http://www.sccaners.org

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2015, 01:33:30 PM »
@RobertB

i must have missed it. sorry about that. if you submit it again, i'll approve it. :)

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."