Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Two New Full Systems Based on Sam440ep-Flex  (Read 11595 times)

Description:

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
Re: Two New Full Systems Based on Sam440ep-Flex
« on: September 27, 2012, 11:50:54 PM »
who is this mysterious embedded industrial buyers of the sam hw?...

i have always wondered that.... the money aint coming from the os4 community and the less than 100 people that have bought the sam and the x1000.

Thats what they don't talk about or tell amigoids. These boards were not designed originally to run AOS, they were for embedded applications where
raw processing power is not as big an issue.

AOS needed some kind of power pc processor and solution, these boards
were available... AND no one was buying them...

No one would pay that much for a board for embedded applications when they can get a similar x86 or arm solution for 1/10 the price.

So hey lets sell them for absolutely ridiculous prices to people intent on running a hobby os...

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 07:03:13 AM »
"You could make a 8ghz 64 GB RAM Amiga like variant and the world as a whole would not care about it in the least."

Yeah right, because no incredibly talented coders would want to work on a
system like that. Thats the bull**** the money makers and amiga grave robbers are feeding everyone.

If there was a very advanced platform with some kinda amiga name on it, the amiga name wouldn't matter except to generate some interest in this very advanced platform.

An advanced platform that is technologically superior to what is currently available in the mainstream always generates interest, excitement and great
coders. Thats why amiga was successful in the first place.

Now we have excuses for **** slow hardware, a 10 years behind the times OS and a total lack of invention or technical superiority.

Thats why anything amiga is just a blip on the radar now instead of a player.

Guess you can always just customize and  play with your os4 desktop and think about using it for great things like you used your classic amiga for back in the day... But it can't do great things, not anymore, because its an under powered crippled joke. In truth, even a 3,000$ X1000 amiga is a crippled one core slow ass excuse for a modern computer that can not compete with a
50$ ebay pc.

We now return amiga.org members to their usual delusions...

Steven

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 12:23:54 AM »
For the record, I HAVE used a sam system belonging to a very dissapointed friend. He even offered to sell it to me at half the price he just paid for it but I passed, because I thought it was total ****.

As I recall, his was the 800mhz sam. It could not even play 720x480 videos without stuttering. Sorry but my phone can do that. What a joke.

These boards were too slow when they were first released HOW MANY YEARS AGO? The fact that they are still trying to sell THESE boards instead of producing modern spec hw speaks volumes Edited by moderator to remove personal attack portion of post.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 09:11:47 AM by amigadave »

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 05:20:00 AM »
I guess everyone should be happy that hw is still being made for os4 but sheesh... s - o      s - l - o - w

I guess its easy to get spoiled with a 3.4ghz aros box you got for 50 bucks on ebay. I hope they port to arm or x86 someday or its a dead end.