Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Showing my MOS/Pegasos System @ Amiga club  (Read 2920 times)

Description:

Offline TheMagicMTopic starter

• Show only replies by TheMagicM
    • http://www.BartonekDragRacing.com
Showing my MOS/Pegasos System @ Amiga club
« on: September 17, 2003, 03:30:53 PM »
Down here in Texas, there is a Amiga club that to my knowledge has not seen a Pegasos system in person running etc..  Well, I emailed them and asked if they would like for me to demo mine and they said yes.  So next  month I will be doing this.  

I'm not the greatest speaker though and on top of that I would like some ideas on what to show other then the OS, some popular apps etc.

I have a demo of CDRW software, I think I have Final Writer but have not transferred it to the Peggy (dont know if it works under MOS)... etc

Let me know what you think I should show....
PowerMac G5 dual 2.0ghz/128meg Radeon/500gb HD/2GB RAM, MorphOS 3.9 registered, user #1900
Powerbook G4 5,6 1.67ghz/2gb RAM, Radeon 9700/250gb hd, MorphOS 3.9 registered #3143

Re: Showing my MOS/Pegasos System @ Amiga club
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2003, 03:34:07 PM »

TheMagicM wrote:
Down here in Texas, there is a Amiga club that to my knowledge has not seen a Pegasos system in person running etc..  Well, I emailed them and asked if they would like for me to demo mine and they said yes.  So next  month I will be doing this.  

I'm not the greatest speaker though and on top of that I would like some ideas on what to show other then the OS, some popular apps etc.

I have a demo of CDRW software, I think I have Final Writer but have not transferred it to the Peggy (dont know if it works under MOS)... etc

Let me know what you think I should show....

MAME :-)

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2003, 03:35:38 PM »
noted.
PowerMac G5 dual 2.0ghz/128meg Radeon/500gb HD/2GB RAM, MorphOS 3.9 registered, user #1900
Powerbook G4 5,6 1.67ghz/2gb RAM, Radeon 9700/250gb hd, MorphOS 3.9 registered #3143

Offline sdesros

• Show only replies by sdesros
    • http://www.501st.ca/
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2003, 03:40:01 PM »
Umm...  I don't know if Final Writer works.   I'd try and show various Amiga software for compatibility.  If I was demoing, then I'd show PageStream, ImageFXv4 (although I don't have PPC modules), ArtEffect 3, Miami, IBrowse, Cinema 4D, Freespace, Delitracker... :)

Do you have any of the Superbundle software loaded up?  You might want to show off FXPaint, ProStation Audio.  

Others on my list would be the MOS versions of Quake, UAE, BOCHS, Mplayer (playing a DVD), FroggerNG (playing DivX), MAME, ScummVM and not to mention the Catweasel.

Then there is APDF, Voyager, Kayaa that you might want to show off along with the skinning options. ;)
Steph

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2003, 03:43:20 PM »
Yes, I have the superbundle loaded...along with quite a bit of the stuff you mentioned.

AAAhh yea...FroggerNG I could do that along with a few other multitasking things...I will get to work tonight installing what I dont have and playing around with it... :)  

I guess this means I need to get a fancy looking keyboard since mine is a plain jane PC keyboard.. :/

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2003, 03:47:01 PM »
Hey Magic,

There should be a software compatibility list floating around on MorphZone.

MorphZone list

It is a little out of date, as applications are being added almost daily now, but it should be a good start.

Here's a more current list in French (program names are readable).

http://gilles.mathevet.free.fr/pegasos/programme.html

As for Final Writer, I don't know, but it most certainly SHOULD work.  I don't own it, so cannot check to say for certain.  I know that I have very little problem getting most software to work on my Pegasos and I'm looking forward to the upcoming versions of ImageFX and Aladdin 4d (PPC native) for the Pegasos.

You might go ahead, for the purposes of demo'ing the machine and load the full SuperBundle package.  Most of the stuff I use comes from that bundle anyway.  

Let me know if I, or my team can help you with this.

Offline SLayeR__

• Show only replies by SLayeR__
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2003, 03:50:31 PM »
Whats an pegasos, how does MOS work, what programs are in MOS, how is MOS as an os, what programs you use, better read up on the facts you might need it  :-) .
Avastye landlubbers you got pie ?  :-D

Avast me maties you ready for the 19. september, or you be chum.

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2003, 03:51:41 PM »
I knew there was a list..just didnt check it when I posted this.. :)    I *think* I have Pagestream still shrinkwrapped (was gonna ebay it but didnt have all the docs) so it may come in handy after all. LOL

Wayne, Thanks I appreciate it.   I wanted to make it this month but it would have been too early of a notice and I wouldnt be as prepared.  This is gonna be fun!!  

Slayer: For the most part I know the answers to those questions...just need to bring a copy of the software compatability list.   :-P

Offline ritty

• Show only replies by ritty
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2003, 02:17:15 AM »
I wonder if Pegasos will have a magazine out soon ?

Offline unclewilli-amigalover

• Show only replies by unclewilli-amigalover
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2003, 03:06:02 AM »
you'll do fine as a speaker, just pretent your a politician and really believe it, every thing will fall in place.Uh...Iam gona show my A1 running os4 to the same people... that is if i ever get it. good luck and have fun.

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2003, 03:11:58 AM »
uncle: you're from Austin?  

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2003, 03:18:59 AM »
I am from Louisiana, you'll know when you get in Louisiana, can't keep your car on the road from all the holes and bumps..

Offline Velcro_SP

• Show only replies by Velcro_SP
    • http://linux.tc3net.com/daclmi/
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2003, 03:41:03 AM »
MagicM, try showing MPlayer. Everyone is always impressed with MPlayer. And I also like to show VirusZ and the demo "Own Love Balance" and there is always Birdie Shoot.

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2003, 03:46:25 AM »
yea! birdie shoot thats kool...

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2003, 10:38:00 AM »
Well, I know this is gonna make y'all cringe...but a powerpoint slideshow would help. I found that slides give something visual for everyone to look at, and help me remember what I'm gonna say...
I like Amigas