Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Two more Amiga apps ported to the iPhone  (Read 5455 times)

Description:

Offline hbarcellosTopic starter

• Show only replies by hbarcellos
Two more Amiga apps ported to the iPhone
« on: May 09, 2010, 02:42:15 AM »
NISP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EaLE-qh0aE

AMOS Crazy Rabbit
(version 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBQOxCu2hKc

(version 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU22AAhgizY&feature=channel

Most probably 90% of AMIGA developers are migrating to the Apple iPhone sdk... Impressive.
}~ A1200 - Apollo 68040 - HOTLY running OS 3.1
}~ Powerbook G4 1.67 running MorphOS 3.2 without Wifi.
}~ Powermac Quicksilver 933 with Radeon 9600 XT (r300) LOUDLY running MorphOS 3.2
}~ [MY iOS GAME]: http://goo.gl/S9nWB (Amiga users can get it FREE[/color], just ask me)

Offline adolescent

• Show only replies by adolescent
Re: Two more Amiga apps ported to the iPhone
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 03:38:49 AM »
Wtf?
Time to move on.  Bye Amiga.org.  :(

Offline hbarcellosTopic starter

• Show only replies by hbarcellos
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 04:13:04 AM »
NISP was an italian sound app with several different loops from famous music of the 80s
}~ A1200 - Apollo 68040 - HOTLY running OS 3.1
}~ Powerbook G4 1.67 running MorphOS 3.2 without Wifi.
}~ Powermac Quicksilver 933 with Radeon 9600 XT (r300) LOUDLY running MorphOS 3.2
}~ [MY iOS GAME]: http://goo.gl/S9nWB (Amiga users can get it FREE[/color], just ask me)

Offline motrucker

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 04:47:58 AM »
This surely belongs in the "who cares Dept".
Now if we heard about new Amiga hardware actually being sold, and new programmers jumping on that band wagon - that would be news worthy.
iPhone crap is just that....
A2000 GVP 40MHz \'030, 21Mb RAM SD/FF, 2 floppies, internal CD-ROM drive, micromys v3 w/laser mouse
A1000 Microbotics Starboard II w/2Mb 1080, & external floppy (AIRdrive)
C-128 w/1571, 1750, & Final Cartridge III+

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 04:53:33 AM »
Pretty cool and all, but ya...

...we'd care more if this were news about something new coming to the Amiga, rather than news about apps being ported to a device you have to hack just to use the way you want to...

Screw APPLE! :)
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline lsmart

• Show only replies by lsmart
strange stuff
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 05:37:01 AM »
Quote from: hbarcellos;557243

Most probably 90% of AMIGA developers are migrating to the Apple iPhone sdk... Impressive.

Maybe you should have maked this as irony? Else it looks like troll talk to me.

I never got over the fact that iPhone developers have to repeatedly pay apple to run their own programs. 100$ a year for a big random number? I donĀ“t think so.

Offline Gulliver

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 06:20:25 AM »
Hi and welcome you to mac.org!

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 06:36:15 AM »
Ha! :)
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline ElPolloDiabl

• Show only replies by ElPolloDiabl
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 08:00:20 AM »
Quote from: Gulliver;557258
Hi and welcome you to mac.org!

He said iPhone not Mac. I think it is interesting news and I would like to hear when one of my favourite classics get ported to something.
Go Go Gadget Signature!

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 08:15:58 AM »
He'll catch my eye when he begins to announce ports to MorphOS, Amiga OS, AROS, or Haiku.

Outside of that he's just supporting the beast as far as I'm concerned. Tar and feather him I say!!!! ;) (joking)

Offline Cammy

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 09:53:30 AM »
Amiga.org has become Apple.org

Seems more people pay attention to threads like this crap than they do to Amiga related threads, so I don't even bother making new threads about Amiga stuff on this forum anymore. No one cares about Amiga, it's all about Apple now.
A1200 030@28Mhz/2MB+32MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB/4-Way Clockport Expander/IndivisionAGA/PCMCIA NIC
A1200 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/FPU/RTC/KS3.0/IDE-CF+2GB/S-Video
CD32 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB
A600 030@30Mhz/2MB+64MB/RTC/IDE-CF+4GB/Subway USB/S-Video/PCMCIA NIC/USB Numeric Keypad+Hub+Mouse+Control Pad
A500 000@7Mhz/512kB+512kB/ROM Switcher/KS3.1+1.3/S-Video

Get AmigaOS

Offline Amiga_Nut

• Show only replies by Amiga_Nut
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2010, 10:06:43 AM »
I don't think there are many people more nuts about the Amiga than me, hence the name, but until Apple make the iPhone unlocked and I can put my own applications on it and not have to use the pathetic appstore for everything it has no positive bearing on me.

I'd rather see them all re-written in Blitz for various computers (of which Blitz supports three major operating systems) :)

Offline motorollin

• Show only replies by motorollin
Re: strange stuff
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2010, 10:44:19 AM »
Quote from: lsmart;557255
I never got over the fact that iPhone developers have to repeatedly pay apple to run their own programs.

That's not true. The developer can run their own software on their own device, and also issue certificates to a certain number of other devices to run on those. You only have to pay for the developer license if you want to publish on the app store.

--
moto
Code: [Select]
10  IT\'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN
20  FOR C = 1 TO 2
30     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA
40     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAAA
50  NEXT C
60  NA-NA-NAAAA
70  NA-NA NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA NAAA-NAAAAAAAAAAA
80  GOTO 10

Offline LoadWB

• Show only replies by LoadWB
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2010, 11:06:37 AM »
I have an idea.  Why not resurrect all of this Amiga vs. Apple/Mac animosity and just ignore that developers who might have otherwise completely abandoned the Amiga have simply migrated to another platform.  Or that the philosophy that is Amiga is the root of new or, even better, ported applications.  Is philosophy not portable, and does it not transcend its underlying hardware?

Where is all the butthurt over DOpus for Windows?  Or perhaps I have missed that as well.

I think it is pretty neat that there are Amiga apps on the iPhone.  I will never own nor have a purpose for one myself, and the mass of nitwits, nerds, dorks, and whomever else would probably never own an Amiga and probably have never heard of an Amiga or its philosophy.  Think of this as a sort-of outreach program.  Missionary, if you will.  (Not to say there are no Amigaoids who own iPhones, or iPhone users who never come to Amiga -- I speak in general, mass terms.)

Meanwhile, I am also pretty excited and enthused that development continues for our aging hardware.  Even more so that some of the hardware is being enhanced, emulated, and so on.  (I personally support such endeavors when I can.)  But should we disparage those who practice Amiga on other platforms?

Offline EvilGuy

• Show only replies by EvilGuy
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2010, 11:24:28 AM »
Quote from: LoadWB;557291
Is philosophy not portable, and does it not transcend its underlying hardware?

Sure, it can be, but when you write apps for Apple (in particular the iPhone) you're writing apps with the Apple indoctrination.

Porting Amiga apps is cool, but to a platform that is so alien like the iPhone - saying its an Amiga port is simply trying to cash in on some brand loyalty.