Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What are you playing currently?  (Read 2394 times)

Description:

Offline CritAnime

• Previous Life Time Member
    • Show all replies
Re: What are you playing currently?
« on: August 24, 2012, 05:09:37 AM »
Quote from: runequester;704880
Beat Turrican 3 again-again last night. I mostly know that one by heart, but it's relaxing to just blast through it now and again.

As much as I enjoy 3 I am frustrated by the silly grappling hook thing. A very clunky mechanic that could have easily been mapped to the keyboard. Unless I am missing something. lol

I am currently trying to complete the later towers on Tower of Babel. It gets a little complicated on some of the later stages. I am also trying to work my way through Alien Breed: Tower Assault.

Offline CritAnime

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 08:03:37 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;704898
I'm not sure about tower assault. They claim there are many different ways to complete the game but i only did it once barely. Has anyone ever finished it in multiple ways?

I have only completed it once by avoiding the military tower as much as possible. Later sections in that tower have mutants and wall cannons to compete with along side the aliens. Also a lot of the later levels use the cheap tactic of giving you a race against the clock in a labyrinth. But its still a good game. As is alien breed 2.

But I am biased as they were developed in my home town. I also had a drink last year with the developers in a pub.

Offline CritAnime

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 11:12:50 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;704915
Tell me more! What town are you talking about? And how drunk did you get? HAHA!

Also since you have also finished it did you see the FMV anywhere in the game that is on the box? There is a couple of screenshots that show an Alien with a shadow walking down the corridor. Never saw it in the game though...

The screenshots on the back are from the CD32 version. because if you complete the disk version you get a few static screens explaining that they couldn't put the specticular ending they wanted into the disk version. Now if the DOS version had it I don't know. But I know the ECS version didn't have it.

I am trying to complete the CD32 version now. But I am running into a bug or glitch in one of the later military tower levels. I seem to missing one of the keys to open a colour coded door. and it's timed so I am getting a very frustrating game over.

I live in Wakefield UK and when the alien breed and original worms games were made they were done in Wakefield. We went from school one year to see them working. Now they are in Ossett which is just 10 min by car from wakefield.

http://www.team17.com/?page_id=11

I met then either last year or the year before, they had just finished the last episode of the new alien breed series, in a pub in wakefield. I wasn't even aware of who they were until I heard them mention about alien breed. I got talking to them and only one out of the group remembered working with the Amiga and how impressed he was that people were still playing the old games.