Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bill Panagouleas of Anti Gravity: What happened with boXer?  (Read 8213 times)

Description:

Offline joetee

• Show all replies
Quote from: arnljot;547019
So Bill or Joe, nothing to share? :-)
arnlajot:> So Bill or Joe, nothing to share? :-)

Sorry I'm a few hours late boss, but yes indeed I will share _everything_ I know about my employment at AntiGravity, my dispatch to England to work with the UK Boxer Team, The prototype I made, my AmiWest Boxer presentation, my romance and intimate collaboration with a colleague (who is now a better FPGA designer than I am!) who went on to prove that a "Single-chip Commodore ASIC" is a winning idea, and when Gateway nixed our HW plans, I resigned.   Sure I'd love to "spill the beans" some more, but some editors&zines have also asked me very nicely to do the same for them and put it in print - alot more print than just this post - I have multi-media to add to my testimony about AntiGravity & The Boxer2.
Understand that I will take and tell the truth very seriously, because I know that my every word will be scrutinized*
In fact I have NO valid NDA's now, and will "tell-all" but I dont want to mis-remember anything, so I HAVE to take the time to carefully refresh and then publish what happened where and when.
Brief Outline:
1 - Backstory about "contracters" we hired when I was Sr. Amiga HW Engineer @ GatewayAmiga (South Dakota) will enlighten about priori situations.

2. Mick Tinker never did anything wrong, nor even risky - He was overworked, yet meteclious about the design >process< and how to logically progress it.  He never held anything back from me and completely un-hesitant to share the entire workload within my ability to help.  I spent 2 weeks in England before returning to the USA with most of the parts to construct two Boxer2 prototypes. One for his VHDL guy, and one for me to work with. Mick taxied and shared his home during, and saved AG alot of money.
3. The last I spoke to Daniel J. Lutz about a month after I had (corrected the DIMM PCB error ) delivered the prototype for the VHDL guru.  I'd been calling about my, ahem, paycheck: like WTF is it?  Dude then actually FedExed me an >unsigned< paycheck for several grand!  ...oh, sorry, the secratary made a mistake...  ( I still have this check!) causing weeks of delay...  Finally he blames Mick for not delivering on a milestone for the imposibility of paying me all of my travel & expenses.
Dan did send a small check for ~$1,400 for all of the travel reciepts I submitted.
But then he wouldnt pay the balance...
That phone call was about the worst that I have ever cussed and cursed someone else over the phone in my life!
(Years later, Dave Haynie says he had the same phone call with Ryan of Merlancia...)
 Thats when I stopped working on the BoXer, and when the amount owed + interest owed to me by AG grew over $8,000 I gave up and cut my losses.

4. Afterward they quit paying anyone for development, and I started finding out about pre-orders and others money woes...

5. I knew Bolton Peck before he left AG, and I should have listened to Bolton s personal warnings to me thereafter the fact!

6. We all really did want it the BoXeR2 to succeed, and each player had a different reason to start, and stop working toward it...give it a decade and lets see...

Its late for me - I gotta quit typing now...
Joe Torre .  . ...X Hardware Engineer @ Amiga Inc... .  .