Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bill Panagouleas of Anti Gravity: What happened with boXer?  (Read 8143 times)

Description:

Offline Crom00

• Show only replies by Crom00
Re: Bill Panagouleas of Anti Gravity: What happened with boXer?
« Reply #29 from previous page: March 11, 2010, 11:25:58 PM »
With products like MiniMig, FPGA Arcade, Natami, and the like generating buzz this is certainly interesting as it also seemed to be far along...

I can understand the ANGST of those involved and not wanting to continue with the project. I had no idea Anti Gravity didn't pay for those ads....

Jeez...With stories like this I start to think the Amiga really is cursed. That or some conspiracy to keep the platform dead is afoot.

Could it be the Illuminati, FreeMAsons, or Atari Falconers.. lol!

Offline Jose

• Show only replies by Jose
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2010, 11:15:12 PM »
"I can understand the ANGST of those involved and not wanting to continue with the project."

On the contrary, if they finished it and sold something it would be a bid F* you in the face of some people, even after all this time the chipset could have some use in adding compatibility to modern Amigas and or the odd demo coder.
Somehow the idea of a copper with HiRes/SuperHires resolution and 32 bit memory transfers makes me smile:)
\\"We made Amiga, they {bleep}ed it up\\"

Offline HammerD

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2010, 03:44:53 AM »
Quote from: Crom00;547282
With products like MiniMig, FPGA Arcade, Natami, and the like generating buzz this is certainly interesting as it also seemed to be far along...

I can understand the ANGST of those involved and not wanting to continue with the project. I had no idea Anti Gravity didn't pay for those ads....

Jeez...With stories like this I start to think the Amiga really is cursed. That or some conspiracy to keep the platform dead is afoot.

Could it be the Illuminati, FreeMAsons, or Atari Falconers.. lol!

I would love to revive this project, even if it was a community effort.  Anyone know the legal status of it?  Who to contact to obtain the rights?
AmigaOS 4.x Beta Tester - Classic Amiga enthusiast - http://www.hd-zone.com is my Amiga Blog, check it out!

Offline arnljotTopic starter

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2010, 01:29:01 PM »
Seems highly unlikely that we'll get anything from this.

Bill P and Joe T are understandably on bad terms with AntiGravity from what I read here, and AG is the last ones who claimed to be owners of it.

Mick T was the original owner, but he doesn't have a webpage anymore - only I can find on him is a Linked-In page, and berfore one knows for sure who owns the designs, I don't see that it would be smart to nag on Mick about the BoXeR.

Dream situation would be that the owners was someone who was still sympathetic to the Amiga Community and would put all the source, designs and documents still available on a googe.code project page and open it up for people.

Also, the dream situation would be that they either followed amiga.org and did so now on their own initiative or that Bill P or Joe T knew it was Mick and asked him to do it.

If it's AntiGravity, it would seem that the Illuminati has had them burn all the documents... :-/
A posting a day keeps the sanity away...
http://www.arnljot.com

Offline HammerD

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2010, 02:18:20 PM »
Is Antigravity still around? or are they out of business?
AmigaOS 4.x Beta Tester - Classic Amiga enthusiast - http://www.hd-zone.com is my Amiga Blog, check it out!

Offline cv643d

• Show only replies by cv643d
Amiga articles
"New shell. It was finished a while back, but I still see bugs, haha" - SSolie