Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mission StatementII (was: Remove MORFOS/PEG from Main Fourum)  (Read 9733 times)

Description:

Re: Mission StatementII (was: Remove MORFOS/PEG from Main Fourum)
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2003, 02:25:55 AM »
I think MorphOS needs it's own forum I agree there... that there should be a MorphOS forum. I mean one dedicated to just MorphOS

Offline Targhan

• Show only replies by Targhan
    • http://www.geocities.com/targhan_aga
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2003, 03:03:25 AM »
@everyone

No new forums, sorry.  If there is a discussion about AmigaForever, the package by Cloanto, there is no reason to drag it into a MorphOS/HyperionOS war.  If the discussion is about how to install MUI on a classic A1200, there is no reason to drive that into a flamefest.

If people want to speculate about what Hyperion is doing, then don't immediately start throwing out MorphOS cheers.  Conversly, if people are speculating about a missing feature in their MorphOS install--there is no point in bringing up a line out of Hyperion's feature-list.

Making a new forum won't solve a thing, so we aren't going to make new forums.
Regards,
Targhan

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2003, 03:34:46 AM »
well dont you think maybe MorphOS needs it's own forum... much as AmigaDE got its own forum.

Offline HMetal

• Show only replies by HMetal
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2003, 03:42:34 AM »
@mips_proc

Don't waste your time, it'll never happen.  That's not part of "the plan".  I know of a thread here that explains it, if you like obscure, pointless Greek stories. :lol:

Hint: do a forums search for "Greek" :-)
Ray A. Akey / AKA HMetal

Offline QuikSanz

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2003, 04:46:40 AM »
Personaly I come by for clasiic advice and info, but this thread really got me. What's this now? the UN? relax a little bit. everybody is anxious. New goods will soon be out, ahem.

Chris

Offline bbrv

• Show only replies by bbrv
    • http://www.genesi-tech.com
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2003, 07:41:12 AM »
Seriously Ray, all differences aside...did you like the story so far...:-D

Raquel and Bill   :-)

Offline Turrican

• Show only replies by Turrican
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2003, 09:09:29 AM »
But when I come here AMIGA is my interest.

Me too, that is why I want to be able to talk about Pegasos.

but this is AMIGA.ORG not Morf/Peg.org

Why ppl still don't get it? Pegasos / MorphOS is "Amiga", or shou I call it "Amiga combatible" (like they used to say "IBM combatible" for PCs).

Offline bhoggett

• Show only replies by bhoggett
    • http://www.midnightmu.com
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2003, 09:50:46 AM »
@Targhan

I agree, there's no need for MorphOS specific forums on Amiga.org. Anyone really looking to discuss MOS issues in particular should hop over to MorphZone. That's what it's there for people!

What Amiga.org needs is a bit of restraint from people who insist on bringing MorphOS into every thread, or making irrelevant comments in threads just to register their presence. That's annoying and drives people away from the site.

OTOH, it would also be nice if the childish, petty, moronic and destructive people involved in the organised campaign against Wayne and Amiga.org were to stop it now,  or else hie their unworthy hides outta here.

Blue trolls on one side and red trolls on the other. ARGH! Is it any wonder the whole community is ripped apart from top to bottom? At this rate I can make one certain prediction: there will be NO winners, only losers. Remember that.

:-(
Bill Hoggett

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2003, 01:21:58 PM »
@hmetal,

I am most certainly not aware of what "the plan" is at this point, but I find your tone a bit abrasive in light of other recent comments..

The main reason that there should not be any MorphOS forums put up here is two-fold.  One, all the "red trolls" (I'm beginning to enjoy that analogy) would go absolutely nuts screaming foul.  Two, Fleecy would use that as yet another reason to threaten the existence of this site with "we intend  to pull your domain" and "Amiga Inc is going to organize a 'mass exodus' from Amiga.org".

As I'm not interested in angering either color troll, or Fleecy for that matter, there will be no additional forums.  

Because of your employment status, you really need to help a few specific people understand something.  This site exists solely on the funds from our advertisers and contributors.  Established in 1995 for the sole purpose of supporting the community (before Amiga Inc even existed), this is NOT AmigaInc.org, nor is it MorphOS.org.  

This site exists to help members of the Classic Amiga community decide for themselves which direction THEY want to go in the future.  This is how it should be.

Offline DaveP

• Show only replies by DaveP
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2003, 01:29:44 PM »
Bill

You you speak for me also on this issue.

@targhan

PS Id like to see an end to "HypeOS" "HyperionOS" used
as labels - it is "AmigaOS4" thank you very much. We
used to talk about AmigaOS3.1 and AmigaOS3.0 before
they were released I think that this should be no different.

I realise the intent is to show that "it is all just a name" but
frankly I think that is being petty and childish.
Hate figure. :lol:

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2003, 01:34:56 PM »
Wayne

Amiga.inc actually say that about  the site?(or fleecy speaking on his own behalf?)... why would they do that?... Amiga=female in Spanish and it did long before it =amiga computers... all ya'd need to do is pull all the amiga.inc amiga IP related stuff...and I dont think they would have much of a case although I'm no lawyer and my opinon is probably worthless on this matter I think I'm right.

for example... sgi.org isnt owned by silicon graphics... because the sokkia graphics institute got it first...and you cant push people over that easily.

pretty amazing that they would say those things though.

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2003, 01:43:43 PM »
@mips,

I'm not going to discuss it, for fear of angering the "gods" at Amiga Inc, but it is a barely veiled fact that they have threatened both actions, both to me personally and on various sealed mailing lists.  A lot of the people here who are on those lists can verify what I'm saying, if they choose to do so.  I on the other hand, feel that it's best to say "it happened" so that you are aware of the fact, and to leave it at that until necessary.

I'm personally hoping that neither threat comes to fruition.  Amiga Inc doesn't understand a few facts in that we are now totally independent and driven by advertising.  I've actually stressed the fact that Amiga Inc is more than welcomed to place an advertisement on this site if they want to show support for this community, but they cannot expect that I remove existing paid advertisers (thereby losing the funding from said advertiser) simply because they (Amiga Inc) don't like them.

Offline SilvrDrgn

• Show only replies by SilvrDrgn
    • http://mikerye.homeip.net
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2003, 01:49:59 PM »
A lot of the people here who are on those lists can verify what I'm saying, if they choose to do so.

I choose to do so.  Vouched for and verified - the threats were made.  So Wayne's simple two-word statement of "it happened" is correct.
Michael

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2003, 01:56:40 PM »
well that's not ideal now is it...

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2003, 02:14:08 PM »

Wayne wrote:

Two, Fleecy would use that as yet another reason to threaten the existence of this site with "we intend  to pull your domain"

Who was here first, You or AmigaInc?
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

« Reply #44 from previous page: March 13, 2003, 02:16:08 PM »
@takemehomegrandma

We were here before even Escom.