Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: C-A Acquisition Corp. vs. Hyperion Ent.  (Read 12870 times)

Description:

Offline Rob

Re: C-A Acquisition Corp. vs. Hyperion Ent.
« on: November 24, 2019, 08:34:22 PM »
The motion can still be opposed after being granted so I wouldn't take this to mean that the current situation is coming to a close.

Offline Rob

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 08:20:13 PM »
Now he could technically run into the courtroom five minutes before closing time and go "I'm here! I'm awake! What was the question again?" but what impression would that make on a judge?

I'm not a legal expert and can only go on what i have read on the internet, including various official sources.  It would seem that filing a motion to have the default judgement vacated or set aside would be a little more formal and the time period in which to do so would be a little longer than you seem to imply.

Offline Rob

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 11:53:50 PM »
@number6

I must admit that I haven't been paying close to this court so I was looking at this particular ruling in isolation and just referring to the rules around a default judgement.

Wouldn't the time limited period to apply for the judgement to be set aside begin after the actual ruling takes place rather than during the period in which the defendant failed to take the required action to prevent a default judgement?

My real point is that we should exercise caution in near expectations.