Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hello - My name is Axdrenalin and I use Amiga's......at least....  (Read 861 times)

Description:

Offline AxdrenalinTopic starter

• Show only replies by Axdrenalin
I used to anyway....

I've been out of the Amiga loop for *years* even though I currently own a couple of 2000HD's, one A3000, a 600HD and an old 500 that I'm not even sure works anymore. I used to be big into Amiga's since I owned my first A1000 back in 1987.

Its been many years since I've used them productivly, and I was wondering what you guys use them for these days? I've cranked up most of mine recently just to see if they still work okay, but I have no idea what I could use them for anymore.

Feedback, suggestions, comments? All are welcomed and appreciated. I really would like to get back into the Amiga scene to see what its like...

Ax

Offline InTheSand

• Show only replies by InTheSand
    • http://www.ali.geek.nz
Re: Hello - My name is Axdrenalin and I use Amiga's......at least....
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 01:29:41 AM »
Welcome to A.org!

My personal Amiga use consists of "hobbyist" use and the retro/nostalgia scene of old games and demos. I rarely use mine for any real productive work though.

If you're prepared to spend $$$$ on expanding the A2000 or A3000 with a graphics card, CPU/accelerator board, decent sized hard drive and network card, you'll end up with a usable machine but in terms of performance, it won't match a modern PC, or even an Amiga emulated on a modern PC...

Anyway... dig out those old Amigas and get them running some great old games and demos!

- Ali

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: Hello - My name is Axdrenalin and I use Amiga's......at least....
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 02:23:38 AM »
Welcome to A.org, it's a great place to visit and I practically live here (or visit almost everyday).

I have found that most people use computers for e-mail, Internet browsing and little else.  Of course that is not the case for most people here at A.org, they are computer fanatics and experts in many areas.  PC's and Mac's are better and easier for most things, but I enjoy using Amigas and like you, have gotten back into using mine recently.  I have found that I am losing many idle hours getting reaquainted with those great old Amiga games.

The other primary use for Amigas remains in the production of videos and still some small brodcast studios.  I still use my A4000 for this.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)