Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New and happy again! :-D  (Read 862 times)

Description:

Offline tobiaspbTopic starter

• Show only replies by tobiaspb
    • http://www.bjorndal.org
New and happy again! :-D
« on: September 12, 2005, 07:12:58 PM »
Hi all.

It started some weeks ago, an old friend called me and asked if I wanted his old Amiga 500. He was going to throw it away!!!! It's a A500 with 1MB chip (rev 6 mainboard) 4MB fast cortesy of the A590 SCSI controller, AND IT RULEZ! The old disk was a goner, but I had a 8GB SCSI disk and it works flawlessly.

Because of this I started to search for a flicker fixer, but I found a A1200 in a Elbox E/Box with a Blizzard 1230/50/6882 with 32MB ram and OS3.9. So I bought it, much to my wifes dispair, and love it.

I have set up TCP/IP (genesis) and samba so that I can share files with my Linux server and it works. I have even registered WHDLoad. :-D

Can't remember having this much fun with computers in ages. Now I can't wait to get the Dragon coldfire card and a AGP graphic card, I hope the will start shipping in october. That way I canm use it for more internet tasks to (Using Ubuntu now).

Conclusion: Amiga RULEZ!

- Tobias B.

Offline Tomas

• Show only replies by Tomas
Re: New and happy again! :-D
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 07:28:34 PM »
congrats and welcome to amiga.org  :-)

I guess you have also been involved with amiga in the past?

Offline tobiaspbTopic starter

• Show only replies by tobiaspb
    • http://www.bjorndal.org
Re: New and happy again! :-D
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 10:47:12 AM »
Yes.

I bought my first Amiga 500 in 1987. I still remember the excitement, the smell and the WOW factor.

I later bought a A1200 and a A4000. I switched to PC around 1995-6 and haven't used a Amiga since, apart from emulation.