Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Kickstart ROM Replacement (Phase I) Bounty Assigned  (Read 17917 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: Kickstart ROM Replacement (Phase I) Bounty Assigned
« on: October 15, 2010, 12:21:50 PM »
Quote from: Piru;584817
Very far apart.

Compatibility with MorphOS and/or OS4 binaries on PPC AROS would be the holy grail I imagine. :)
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 07:34:36 PM »
Quote from: terminills;589923
from jason...

First trackdisk-loader adf that was able to run on aros m68k is:

Exile!

http://www.evillabs.net/wiki/index.php/aros_m68k-amiga#nov_16.2c_2010:_aros_.28no_ks.29_rom

screenshot and aros rom image available. As always, a1200 'stock' configuration.

Note: This will *not* load any 'standard' dos loading adfs, only ones which have
custom non-dos bootloaders.

But its a start.

:D
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 12:16:46 AM »
Quote from: SamuraiCrow;589995
The DOS.library changes were already slated for the AROS ABI version 1.0 branch.  That suggests that there will be some teamwork involved as well.

It will be work but it'd be a lot easier if some of the team could grant SVN access to the repositories.  Toni Wilen is still waiting and so am I.  It's a shame that the AROS team encrypted the SVN so that nobody could browse or download anonymously.

If I remember correctly the blame for that lies at the feet of Mr Fleecy Moss Esq.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 02:05:48 AM »
Quote from: bloodline;591293
That is HOT!!! I like my pr0n geeky and that is GEEEEKY!!!! ;)

Put the sock down Matthew! Step away from the sock! ;)

Offline nicholas

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 11:01:46 AM »
Quote from: Forcie;591881
Kickstart Bounty Phase I is completed!
http://aros-exec.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=5410&forum=4

Screenshot:
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/9582/20101114.png

The first nightly build is available at:
http://www.aros.org/download.php

YAY!!!!!! :)

Congratulations to all involved! :)

Offline nicholas

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 11:18:59 AM »
Quote from: bloodline;591884
Lol!!! So many here will have no idea what you are talking about... Oh and AROS on 68k, yay... MUTHA FRICKIN' YAY!!!!!!

I spend three years away and it's like I never left! :)

Colour me stupid but i just tried it with e-uae on Linux and get nowt but a purple screen. :/

Offline nicholas

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 11:23:10 AM »
Quote from: bloodline;591891
It's a serious pain to get it working at the moment, but you MUST have your settings identical to an A1200!

Will it kickflash on a real 1200 I wonder?

Offline nicholas

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 11:25:57 AM »
BCPL is the work of the devil! lol

Offline nicholas

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 11:28:23 AM »
Quote from: bloodline;591896
Can the Kickflash support 1meg roms?

Good question. :)

Offline nicholas

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2010, 12:44:40 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;591912
I can't believe I've waited so long to see this... I hope everyone understands the enormity of what this means!

The spoken lyrics in the intro to Primal Scream's 'Free' say it perfectly! :)

Offline nicholas

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2010, 10:42:42 PM »
Quote from: little;592046
What is the problem if you install those to hard disk using whdload? Also, I do not think there will ever be a 1.3 compatible aros kickstart, but then again, whdload solves the problem quite nicely.

I'm sure there will be, do not underestimate the genius that is Toni Wilen! :D