Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Learning from DOOM  (Read 6474 times)

Description:

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/
Re: Learning from DOOM
« on: August 01, 2011, 02:05:15 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;652489
This actually happens to me on a regular basis usually when i play Call of Duty online multiplayer. But it also happened with DOOM too. For me it was the Rocket Launcher i remember the most :)

I think it happens when you play something chaotic for too long :confused:

I remember I nearly passed out once after standing up from my seat after playing a 2-3 hour deathmatch session. Swollen tounge dry mouth.... Okay time for a break now.
I can't remember if it was the game or our rules but the first one to 100 Frags and to click the exit won.  The others would try to stop you so the trick was to have the BFG and fire it just before you went into the exit corridor. We always played a small area map. Tense times.  Quake 2 had me up late mornings as well.
I never played either game from beginning to the end in single player.  I liked playing real people on computer games more.

I did use to marvel at the detail and the art.  That orange sky in Quake II and the landing pods screeming through the air.

Doom 3 I played single player all the way through.  Hard last levels and veddy scary in spots.  As Xdelusion would say... Pee Pee time action...