Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What do you own besides Amiga?  (Read 6932 times)

Description:

Offline JimS

• Show all replies
Re: What do you own besides Amiga?
« on: October 28, 2012, 01:55:35 AM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;712815

As for computers...I've got a handful. I've got:

• And finally, my new favorite thing: my MicroPDP-11. Started as an 11/23, got upgraded to an 11/73 when I found another machine at the recycle center that they let me strip. Super-cool; I've wanted a DEC mini for years, but I've never had the budget or space for one of the classic fridge-sized machines. This is nearly the size of an apartment radiator, but still quite a bit more manageable :D Still need to see if I can get the SCSI controller I got to work with this thing...

Wow.... back when I was a field engineer for Burroughs, I installed and repaired a giant laser printer that used a pdp 11/34 as a controller.  The beast could do 120ppm in duplex.
Obsolescence is futile. You will be emulated. - Amigus of Borg

Offline JimS

• Show all replies
Re: What do you own besides Amiga?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 03:58:43 AM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;712845
Nice :D I don't have any such fancy peripherals, though I did get the controller board for a mass spectrometer from the scrapped unit o_O (No software, though.) Been having a lot of fun talking with the DEC guys over on the Vintage Computer Forum since I got it.

We just OEM'ed the thing from Xerox. They called it the 9700. In addition to running the printer, it had a 9 track tape drive, a disk pack, and a dumb terminal to control. It was fun to open up the interlocks and watch it run, especially in duplex.
Obsolescence is futile. You will be emulated. - Amigus of Borg