Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Workbench 5 renamed Commodore OS  (Read 34307 times)

Description:

Offline psxphill

Re: Workbench 5 renamed Commodore OS
« on: March 03, 2011, 08:38:44 AM »
Quote from: Franko;619182
They're planning to rip as many gullible folk off as they can by selling an off the shelf parts PC running an emulator

Thats better than ripping gullible folk off with parts that aren't even good enough to be put on the shelf to be put in a PC.

As PC hardware is at the cutting edge & is the cheapest, it would seem financial suicide to do anything else (see X1000).

Alienware seem to do quite a good job of selling an off the shelf parts PC for a lot of money.

Offline psxphill

Re: Workbench 5 renamed Commodore OS
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 02:13:25 PM »
Quote from: danwood;619327
Well I know that, so does anyone who did business skills for the 11+ at school, but there are still a fair few people here with their eyes closed and fingers in their ears singing "I caaaan't hear you, I caaaaan't heaaar you!!!" and insisting this will be the second coming of Commodore as a multi-national big player in the industry, rivaling Apple and Microsoft, I fear a few broken hearts coming :(

I don't think that & I nobody else has given me the impression they think that.

I don't hate CUSA and I'm not pissed off with them.

I quite like the look of their c64, but whether I buy one comes down to price.

I suspect there are some rich people who wouldn't care what it costs (in fact the more the better for them) who had a c64 when they were young and just for a laugh they'll buy one.

I can't see them selling ten thousand of them, but depending on their costs and what they sell them for then that might still be worth doing.