Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Apollo Team announces the Vampire V4  (Read 71176 times)

Description:

Offline Zooz

• Show all replies
Re: Apollo Team announces the Vampire V4
« on: August 27, 2017, 09:39:03 AM »
Map it differently when running Atari TOS => this is false, the vampire do not map any atari stuff.

Map out "video ram" for the P96 driver => this is false, video memory is allocated at end of fastram (MEMF_REVERSE) by default, just that. The video can address any allocated memory with MEMF_FAST|MEMF_PUBLIC.

That gunnar do not brings now a mmu is because, one again, prios are elsewhere at moment.

Again, i see kolla continues to insult vampire users as so called minions, which seriously starts to bother me, he indeed desperately needs a life.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 10:12:18 AM by Zooz »

Offline Zooz

• Show all replies
Re: Apollo Team announces the Vampire V4
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 03:20:16 PM »
@kolla

About Atari, well ok, this was old discuss, never applied. Currentely there seems to be more opportunities to run FreeMiNT upon EmuTOS, at native speed, on SAGA screen (already working and demo'ed).

About the video memory, the framebuffer is the FastRAM, there is no intermediates from a coder/user point of view, what you poke is what you see, there is no recopy or mapping needed.

About MMU, i totally agree the discuss about the need to provide debugging tools. That said, and not having a MMU on my vamp, i (had to) learn how to do without, and there is many way to debug without a MMU with some good or bad habbits. Also using UAE as companion, helps in this task.

I might have misunderstood about the minions, sorry then, english is not my native language, thus i agree there are such guys on the apollo forums, yes.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 03:25:14 PM by Zooz »