Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WinUAE exposing how crappy Windows is  (Read 14188 times)

Description:

Offline smerf

• Show all replies
Re: WinUAE exposing how crappy Windows is
« on: July 10, 2010, 03:41:57 PM »
Hi,

One of the best ways to describe the difference between windows and Amiga is:

1. on windows does anyone really know what is being installed, where it is being installed and how its installer really works?

2. On Amiga same question as above but if you don't know you can usually use a text editor and look at the install script  (some MAC owners will have a problem in this area) and a lot of times the Amiga pop ups will tell you what is missing and where, so you just look for it and put it there.

3. You really don't need a 4 year college course on how to overbloat programming on an Amiga.

4. If you do take a microbloat college course, then you will really know how to complicate things and really screw up computers.

5. On a MAC you really don't know how to do anything with a computer.
It is rummored that the only instruction page a MAC user has is a picture of where the on switch is at. Most MAC owners don't know it but if you look under the picture of the on switch there are actually printed words there telling you how to use the on switch along with the pictures.

Peace
smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline smerf

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 03:54:40 PM »
Quote from: KThunder;569796
Complex programs on the pc interact with the os and hardware in ways that a simple installer or no installer would not setup properly. This is like comparing a simple dos or c64 program with a multitasking AREXX aware program on the amiga. If it isn't setup properly it won't work.

Since a good proportion of amiga programs won't even install on the hard drive without some pretty decent effort and your pc sounds like it is running properly I don't really see your point, other than slagging off on the evil windows os that most of the world uses.

Hi,

The only reason most of the world uses windows, is because Bill Gates made it so. Microsoft used money power and threats in order to get this monopoly. Case in point, why is there no games being made for Linux, and MAC users by such companies like EA, Ubi, Activision, etc.

I just named two powerful OS's that are being derailed by microsoft, and possibly JOBS. Microsoft saying that if companies support other platforms that there microsoft license may be voided and JOBS not wanting any other software co. programming for MACS.

and

By the way

other countries are beginning to see microsofts plan, and are dropping them for LINUX.

To think that I paid $159 for Microsoft home when I had Linux for free.

Oh well silly me.

Well got to run, I am going to re-do my computer again, you know the six month thing with micro soft.

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

Offline smerf

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 04:37:44 PM »
Quote from: tone007;569804
There's another one of those silly Windows misconceptions.

I administer an office full of XP machines, many of which are still running the original install of Windows they came with from Dell back in 2004.  (Service packed and patched, of course.)

..and yes, those are some old machines.

Hi,

Know what you mean by old machines, I am using a Dell now as one of my experimental computers for things like AROS, different Linux OS's, and Amiga forever.

and

Yes I can see why you stick up for micro crap, after all that is your job and how you make your bucks, now lets get down to the real reason that these machines stay up and running with out the 6 month thing, which is probably nightly backups, constant upgrades (don't know if this is all good though since most of my problems came from upgrades) limited use by personnel, in other words you keep them locked out of a lot of stuff, and give very few people administrative rights. You also have them locked out of a lot of internet sites, that is if you let them use the internet.

Not only that but WinXP is probably the best windows OS for being problem free, although Windows 7 is close.

Bet you can't say that you have done only one backup since 2004, but I can say that with my Amiga 4000 I have done only one backup since 1992 and I use my computer every day, and by the way I have upgraded my computer to OS 3.5 and OS 3.9 and used my one backup to bring in all my important data, now I am not going t say how many times that backup was upgraded to save new material, lharc is a wonderful program for this.

Well that is one thing Microsoft has done good for the world, it has created lots of jobs keeping there crappy OS running.

smerf