Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Atn metalheads, go buy this album!  (Read 6805 times)

Description:

Offline Vincent

• Show all replies
Re: Atn metalheads, go buy this album!
« on: February 17, 2004, 01:45:13 PM »
When I saw that title and the poster my immediate thought was:

"That bugger, I was gonna post that!"

Then I read it's a different band you're talking about ;-)

I've been thinking about getting Damage Plan's album for a wee while, from what I've read about it, it does sound good :-)

Thatnks for the warning, but I'll be avoiding that Living Colour album anyways - I never really liked them.

Another album for you guys to buy:

Probot

Don't be put off that it's Dave Grohl's side project - it sounds nothing like the Foo's.  Each song has a different singer...

Cronos, Max Cavalera, Lemmy, Mike Dean, Kurt Brecht, Lee Dorian, Wino, Tom G Warrior, Snake, Eric Wagner and King Diamond.

It's heavy as hell!  8-)
Xbox360
"Oh no. Everytime you turn up something monumental and terrible happens.
I don\'t think I have the stomach for it." - Raziel

Offline Vincent

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 04:28:14 PM »

redrumloa wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion, I may check it out!

Tom G Warrior

Really?!?

Yup :-)

/me sings in his best Billy Milano voice "Whatever happen to Celtic Frost, is it true that they got lost?"

"In the pandemonium, never to be seen again."

:lol:  I love that song :-)

Tom had his own band Apollyon Sun (I think that's right), but I have absolutely no idea what they were like.

Lee Dorian

umm.. Napalm Death Lee Dorian, or Cathedral Lee Dorian?:-p

Ah, that would be the Cathedral Lee Dorian, I forgot about Napalm's Lee :-)

After listening to this all I keep thinking is "long live the 80s!"
Xbox360

Offline Vincent

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 04:32:37 PM »

that_punk_guy wrote:
The Foos kicked arse back in 1997... These days, they suck, oh well! But this is definitely something I'll be checking out.

The Color and the Shape was probably their best album, none of this emo-type stuff they're doing now.  Don't look at Probot as a Dave Grohl band - look at it like an 80's compilation featuring Lemmy, Cronos and the others.  Each song is different and is in the style of that singer.

It's not like getting a guest vocalist on someone else's song.

In short - if you don't like Lemmy, Cronos, Tom G Warrior, Snake or any of them, don't buy the record :-)

--edit--

Record!?!  God that makes me sound old :-D
Xbox360

Offline Vincent

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2004, 05:15:16 PM »

that_punk_guy wrote:
Dude, 'Colour and the Shape' is the real emo-type stuff they did! Trust me on this :-) The new stuff is just weak pop.

Ah right, I must be thinking of the wrong album, not the first time that's happened ;-)

(OT: Erm, is anyone else seeing some pretty insane forum layout screwups...?)

Edit: Vincent, you've got a stray {/quote} tag in your post ;-)

Ta, I wondered why the page screwed up after my post :-)
Xbox360

Offline Vincent

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2004, 01:52:29 PM »

redrumloa wrote:
Ah, that would be the Cathedral Lee Dorian, I forgot about Napalm's Lee

They would actally be the same guy, believe it or not (you probably knew that). What a change :crazy:

I didn't know that.  I've only seen Cathedral once - their video for Matthew Hopkins.  I think that's the only song I've actually heard by them.

Although I know Napalm Death, I don't have any of their albums (yet!), and I don't know who's in the band.  We don't get much ND coverae over here :-(
Xbox360

Offline Vincent

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2004, 05:10:30 PM »

redrumloa wrote:
Don't get much coverage there?!? They are from the UK, and that's where they get most of their coverage! Not that it means very much, they never got much coverage;-)

:lol:  Sad but true :-(

I've been getting Kerrang! constantly for over 10 years and have only seen ND in them a handfull of times.  I was also getting Metal Hammer, Terrorizer, Raw and a few others at various times over the years aswell (soon turning to MH full-time - K! is just a tabloid rag now), and I've never seen them in these either except for an album review in MH!

Ok, the UK has some great home-grown bands, but they get crap coverage here now.  Take Cradle of Filth.  They were the UK's biggest black metal band for years, but all the mags kept going on about Deicide.  It took Cradle 3 albums to get noticed here :-(

The Almighty coverage was worse.  The Wildhearts are finally getting some coverage again, but it's still crap.  Pick up a magazine here and all you can see is Linkin Park, Metallica, Lostprophets, The Strokes, Him, Inme, Slipknot (even though they've been doing bugger all), Eminem(in a metal mag!).

Oh, and another thing about UK mags.  Iron Maiden released Dance of Death last year and all we got was a 2-page review.  That's for Maiden for smeg's sake!  No interviews, no tour news, absolutely bugger all.  The UK is utter crap for metal :-(

Anyway, I have majorly digressed, back to the point :-)

Lee Dorian was part of the original lineup of ND, since then they have had over 100% turnover. There is not one original band member left. This is a good thing, the current lineup has pretty much been stable for 10+ years and is much better than the original linuep.

The only name that I know in ND would be Barney, but I don't even know his full name, I just know he's chunky with a frizzy hair cut :-D

Umm.. it's funny, very funny.. I hear Cathedral and I laugh, I can't believe it's the same guy! Go out and get ND Scum, you will be shocked. I like it and it's definately a classic album, but to be honest Lee Dorian sounds like someone being gagged while they have a painful bowl movement. Don't even try to make out the lyrics by listening, it's not going to happen! It all sounds like grunts and groans:-P

Sounds like the stuff I'd like a lot :-D
Xbox360

Offline Vincent

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2004, 01:56:49 PM »

redrumloa wrote:
They are all very fat and balding, Barney shaved his head(and looks aweful). But they are the same ND and they kicked ass!

Barney... bald!?!?  Doesn't bear thinking about really :-o

@tpg, no probs :-)
Xbox360