Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Atn metalheads, go buy this album!  (Read 6677 times)

Description:

Offline that_punk_guy

• Show only replies by that_punk_guy
Re: Atn metalheads, go buy this album!
« Reply #29 from previous page: February 18, 2004, 06:54:22 PM »
Vincent wrote:
that_punk_guy wrote:
Dude, 'Colour and the Shape' is the real emo-type stuff they did! Trust me on this :-) The new stuff is just weak pop.

Ah right, I must be thinking of the wrong album, not the first time that's happened ;-)

Umm, I've just realised I sounded like an utter dick just then... sorry :-(

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2004, 08:32:07 PM »

redrumloa wrote:

And yes, they are very cool people even though their politics are way far left for my view:-)

I still have the t-shirt from the gig. It has "Nazi Punks F**k Off!" on the front (what a classic DK cover!) and a crossed out swastika on the back - saying that, one of my mates has the same shirt and got grief from a couple of guys on the Underground. Anyway, what I was trying to say, is they sure ain't right wing!

I saw them in 2003 playing at a little dump hole in the wall, and before the concert Shane was walking around in front of the club mingling with the crowd. Heck in late 2001 post 9/11 after a concert date was canceled here in FL, he personally responded to a fan email I sent. They are the real deal, real down to earth people just like their fans.

Sounds just like the gig I went to, at the London Astoria 2, just on the corner of Oxford St and Tottenham Court Road in London, a little venue, that made the gig all the more intimate and intense. I trust they failed to disappoint? The one in London was probably the best ever gig I've been to, and this was only a couple of years back, well after I'd finished going through my 'metal stage'.

The only comparable gig would be a 'secret' Sepultura one I went to in 1995, also in the same venue. Had to sleep on the street in London overnight to buy the tickets to that one - well worth it though!
I like Amigas

Offline redrumloaTopic starter

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2004, 10:52:50 PM »
I trust they failed to disappoint?

Oh, ND do not disapoint! I have only seen ND twice, once back in 1991 and then in 2003. Both times the were absolutely incredible! Back in 1991 they were opening for Sepultura on the "New Titans On The Block" tour. What a concert that was, oooh man. I was right up on the edge of the stage, with a raging pit behind me. I don't remember much, except that I enjoyed ND even more than Sepultura. Hard to remember too much when we killed several 12 packs of beer and a bottle of Jagermeister before the concert began :-o

What a change when i saw them in 2003. I was stone cold sober, and I actually remember the whole set:-D They are all very fat and balding, Barney shaved his head(and looks aweful). But they are the same ND and they kicked ass!

-Edit-
BTW if you go see Napalm in concert, buy one of their tee-shirts at the show. They really do not make a hell of alot of money with their CDs, it's a small niche market yet they do not sell out. The only place they make any monet is on tee shirt sales at the shows.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline Vincent

• Show only replies by Vincent
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2004, 01:56:49 PM »

redrumloa wrote:
They are all very fat and balding, Barney shaved his head(and looks aweful). But they are the same ND and they kicked ass!

Barney... bald!?!?  Doesn't bear thinking about really :-o

@tpg, no probs :-)
Xbox360
"Oh no. Everytime you turn up something monumental and terrible happens.
I don\'t think I have the stomach for it." - Raziel