Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Atn metalheads, go buy this album!  (Read 6803 times)

Description:

Offline that_punk_guy

• Show all replies
Re: Atn metalheads, go buy this album!
« on: February 17, 2004, 02:20:08 PM »
Vincent wrote:
I've been thinking about getting Damage Plan's album for a wee while, from what I've read about it, it does sound good :-)

"Damage Plan"... I dunno, it sounds like they're trying to break into the DC emo scene! :lol:

Seriously, why do people choose such horrible names for their new bands? It just seems so half-arsed. The music too, just my opinion, doesn't really go anywhere... :-?

But er, I'm a punk, what do I know about metal? he he :-D

Another album for you guys to buy:

Probot

Don't be put off that it's Dave Grohl's side project - it sounds nothing like the Foo's.  Each song has a different singer...

The Foos kicked arse back in 1997... These days, they suck, oh well! But this is definitely something I'll be checking out.

Offline that_punk_guy

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 03:04:17 PM »
redrumloa wrote:
Yup, you're a punk guy. I'd say about the same thing about most modern punk. Execpt I'd be even more harsh about modern punk. I don't get it. Most of these bands seem to think it is all about image. Color the hair, dress like 70's punk and all of a sudden you are punk and your music is cool? i don't get it:-)

Well, if you're thinking of Blink, NOFX, Rancid and their ilk, I agree with you 100%. Except that they're not punk ;-) And real punks have pretty normal hair these days. As I think I've previously indicated, I like some metal. I just happen to hate 85% of all music.

Oh, I was kinda joking with the punk guy statement. Goddamn, I hate my nickname.

Offline that_punk_guy

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 04:38:04 PM »

Vincent wrote:

that_punk_guy wrote:
The Foos kicked arse back in 1997... These days, they suck, oh well! But this is definitely something I'll be checking out.

The Color and the Shape was probably their best album, none of this emo-type stuff they're doing now.

Dude, 'Colour and the Shape' is the real emo-type stuff they did! Trust me on this :-) The new stuff is just weak pop.

Er, to elaborate... you know 'My Hero', that kinda droning guitar lead? Soundwise, that's what people used to call emo, before it became a buzz-word.

Offline that_punk_guy

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2004, 05:48:23 PM »
Cyberus wrote:
I'm pretty sure they have one original member - Shane Embury the bassist.

Nope, Nik Bullen and Jim Whiteley played bass on sides one and two (respectively) of 'Scum', according to the sleevenotes here.

edit: Oh yeah, their original guitarist was none other than Bill Steer, who was also the guitarist with Carcass, the best EVER death metal band IMHO!

Hell, yes! :-D

Offline that_punk_guy

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2004, 06:54:22 PM »
Vincent wrote:
that_punk_guy wrote:
Dude, 'Colour and the Shape' is the real emo-type stuff they did! Trust me on this :-) The new stuff is just weak pop.

Ah right, I must be thinking of the wrong album, not the first time that's happened ;-)

Umm, I've just realised I sounded like an utter dick just then... sorry :-(