Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga.org - Ibrowse and Aweb support sucks  (Read 8355 times)

Description:

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: Amiga.org - Ibrowse and Aweb support sucks
« on: January 18, 2010, 10:13:33 AM »
Quote from: Gulliver;538835
@LoadWB

You are taking it out of context. To keep it small and simple:
How can an Amiga web site do not support Amigas?
Okay, if you have a really expanded one you can... but NOT an original Commodore-Amiga.

Website should then be renamed Amiga-like.org or Amiga-ish.org or even AmigaNG.org :)

The original Amigas were not equipped to run current web browsers even when they were new and still being sold in stores.  If you want a half-way decent web browsing experience using an Amiga(Like) OS then buy a SAM440ep/flex, or a used Pegasos, or G4 MacMini and run OWB web browser.  It still won't be a current web browser experience like what you would expect to get on Windows, MacOSX, or Linux, but OWB runs great on my 1.5GHz G4 MacMini running MorphOS2.4!  I have read that NetSurf is also becoming a better program very quickly and some people are very happy using that.

OWB on my 1.5GHz G4 MacMini is faster than Firefox3.5 on my 3.0GHz Quad Core Extreme Windows Vista Ultimate PC, though it does not have all the bells and whistles yet.

Personally, I could do with a bit less of those bells and whistles on the Internet, but what the Internet has become will not stride backwards and will continue to become more complicated and more of a mess with the passing of time.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 08:39:21 PM by amigadave »
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)