Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga 4000 hardware guide and more  (Read 372 times)

Description:

Offline smerfTopic starter

• Show only replies by smerf
Amiga 4000 hardware guide and more
« on: April 24, 2015, 09:21:38 PM »
Hi,

Just found this on a old hard drive that I last used about 7 years ago. It is a 4000 hardware guide and explains a lot of things about the 4000 computer. Anyhow I can tell that most users on this board anymore or either PC or Mac users because the board is totally designed for use by them. I was going to download a lha file but found out that the people running this board don't seem to under stand zip files are mostly for PC users, REAL AMIGA USERS use LHA files, at least it has been that away since 1985, but then again it just might be our little users group here. There used to be 30 but now all gone. Anyway here is the file, hope I did this right anyhow if I didn't I will try again. Well hope it made it, first time I ever tried to load a helpful program to the boards, hope it did it.
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Online zipper

Re: Amiga 4000 hardware guide and more
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 09:23:32 PM »

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 09:40:52 PM »
+1.  I hate when I see Amiga files distributed in zip archives.  :hammer:
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 09:41:49 PM »
Quote from: zipper;788335
You mean this?
http://wonkity.com/~wblock/a4000hard/main.html

Close but no cigar, had a small problem with my A4000 last week, so I looked for the hardware file, found that one but I don't think it has all the info that my old one had. Anyhow found the old one but can't find a program to zip it. Just tried winzip, see you in about 4 years after I go back to college to learn how to use it.. Anyhow the one I have shows a icon of an amiga 4000 that you click on and then it opens up to a listing of all the things for the A4000, color schemes on boot up, setup of cards, jumper settings, floppy problems, you name it, it has it. I will keep working on trying to get it. It is a pretty smart program that runs on an Amiga. Which brings me to a point if your Amiga is really screwed up how can you utilize it.
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 09:46:19 PM »
Me too, going to head on down to my Windows 10 machine and see if I can hook up my usb drive with the program and find an app file to do this, not having much luck with windows 7, all I did was get my tool bar hijacked. Hate trying to download anything on a PC anymore. by the time you straighten out the virus's, hijacks, and whatever else climbs into the computer with a download, see you all later.

Offline danbeaver

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 09:53:40 PM »
This is a .doc file that is helpful on General Amiga Troubleshooting

www.amiga.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4084&stc=1&d=1429908728

Sorry Mike, blame this site!

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 10:23:50 PM »
Hi,
Thank you for Amikit, it had a zip program easy to use right there. Now lets see if I can get this old program on the boards. It looks like I done did it, yeah!! Try it, maybe you saw it before, its been on the boards about 7 years ago, but I could not find it again. Happy hardware hunting.

smerf
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 10:25:30 PM by smerf »

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 10:42:26 PM »
Hi,

@Oldsmobile Mike,

Bought a Logitech pagescan color scanner, tried to hook it up to todays computer, uh, uh, it can just be used on a Windows 95 / 98 machine. Seems like logitech sold it to some other company so no new drivers, will not run on anything above windows 98. So up in the attic I go, where I found a dead A4000, 2 dead A3000, 2 dead A500's but I revived one by replacing the Gary chip, 6 CD-32 boards, and about 12 PC cards, and 1 mini mac that looks like it has been beat with a hammer (OK I was trying to open the case when it bit my finger, revenge is so sweet). So now I am trying to build an old PC, I chose a 800 mhz compaq board (AMD of course) and my last case a beat up old Dell.  Now once again I have parts all over the place, trying to build up this old computer for a stupid logitech scanner, but this scanner is interesting because you put the paper in it and it pulls it through ejecting out the other side, if you want to scan a book, you just remove the scanner from the stand set it on the book and then help guide it as it rolls over the book. Anyhow finally found my 6.22 msdos disks, and my windows 3.0 / 3.1 and my windows 95 and 98 CD's. Now my problem is to get a CD-rom to work with MSdos, so looked all night for the darn book, couldn't find it, but did find a set of instructions for making a win 95 install disk. Now have to climb all over the parts, disks and CD's that I have scattered all over the place, so I knows how you feel

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2015, 11:09:25 PM »
That sounds like a fun project!  Should post a video of it rolling over a book when you've got it working!  :)
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline danbeaver

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2015, 01:37:17 AM »
I have an old, year 2000, laptop that came with Win 98 and has a PAR, SER, USB, VGA ports plus a floppy.  I only used it as a terminal to read errors off my X1000, but it would likely handle the scanner described above.  Not like I'm offering, but it is the only PC/Windows POS I kept from that era.