Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: aros fork?  (Read 4416 times)

Description:

Offline graincloudTopic starter

• Show all replies
aros fork?
« on: February 05, 2008, 11:45:09 PM »
hi everybody, i just registered-
i'm just a very-ex-amiga user (i quit in 96) who never gave up browsing amiga sites, and in the last half year, with all the amiga legal issues going on and aros making big news i started checking amiga related stuff daily, in the last weeks mainly aros stuff..

so i was wondering why there is no discussion going on on this forum sbout the recent posts on rob norris blog--
http://cataclysm.cx/2008/02/01/i-dont-want-your-money-i-just-want-your-love/

this might be some important moment in aros history, and might be very interesting for all amiga folk out there who want a new os but have no possibility in running os4 or morphos.

i think aros deserves some attention, at least it caught mine, and made me sign up here, even though i read this site nearly every day i never did that before. it would just be great to have some opportunity to play with some amiga-like os again. i am happy with using my mac for getting all my work done, but i never forgot my amiga, which was my first machine. it had some strange mystical kind of energy field around it that i never encountered again since... i miss that.
cheers

• Show all replies
Re: aros fork?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 12:05:06 AM »

bloodline wrote:
I guess AROS guys don't like to hang their dirty laundry in public :-)

No, seriously it's a good question... Rob has raised some really good points... mostly that AROS has no clear direction.. now is a good time to decide what we want from AROS... the floor is open...

hmm i didn't think of that... but understandable- the community should sort things out internally maybe.

anyway i think it is not a good idea to further split up an already fragmented community - but i think rob is absolutely right. i am not a programmer (coming from electronic music and installation art, thus not really able to really contribute) but i'd really like to see this project grow. and grow on the basis of competitive technology.
good luck to the aros developers!

• Show all replies
Re: typo fun
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 08:40:36 AM »
yeah with integrated virtual knife and plate protection
 :-P