Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: General Workbench Queries  (Read 1145 times)

Description:

Offline Tricky

• Show all replies
    • http://www.jigsawlounge.co.uk/kungfu/
Re: General Workbench Queries
« on: May 28, 2006, 04:44:11 PM »
You can "leave out" icons on your Workbench.  But as someone already said, then it disappears from its original place.  Quite a strange behaviour, perhaps, and caused me a bit of confusion the other day.

You can also sometimes simulate shortcuts by creating a project icon that has the path to the program you want as its default tool.  (It's a trick I experimented with once by putting all the files a game used inside one drawer, and then giving the drawer a project icon that loaded the game from inside the drawer.)
[A1200/060, 32Mb fast RAM, 1.2Gb HDD, 19\\" Acer TFT Monitor]
I never write anything that won\\\'t run on a stock A1200.  That\\\'s the Jigsaw Lounge Guarantee.

Offline Tricky

• Show all replies
    • http://www.jigsawlounge.co.uk/kungfu/
Re: General Workbench Queries
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 10:59:50 PM »

foleyjo wrote:
If it bothers people that much that leaving an icon out on workbench makes it invisible why dont you just

1-Make a copy of the icon and leave the copy out

You can't really do that, without having two of the same icon in the same place with the same filename.  Remember the icon is still in its original place on the disk even when it's left out, it just doesn't show up in the window anymore.  If it has a different name, for instance "Copy of x" it won't be linked to the actual file anymore!

But, I think that shortcut support would be a very easy thing to do.  I can probably do this... soon...

Ok.  Eventually...
[A1200/060, 32Mb fast RAM, 1.2Gb HDD, 19\\" Acer TFT Monitor]
I never write anything that won\\\'t run on a stock A1200.  That\\\'s the Jigsaw Lounge Guarantee.