Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Return to a more strict TOS enforcement?  (Read 17224 times)

Description:

Offline Plaz

Re: Return to a more strict TOS enforcement?
« on: April 05, 2011, 05:06:05 AM »
Quote from: Franko;628213
As the above comment is totally off topic then why haven't you moderated it yourself and given yourself a "1st informal warning" as it's clearly off topic from the topic of this thread... ;)

Doomy may have won an award as "Most Modded Ever"

Plaz

Offline Plaz

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 05:19:24 AM »
Quote from: Franko;628216
Shame... as he seems to be quite rational for a loony over on his YouTube Channel... :)

Probably a good thing the old A.org database was lost. There's still a few as those fading posts lingering on my faded visual memory some where. Red probably remembers well enough. Then again maybe the old archives weren't lost. Wayne may have instead burned them in a funeral pyre out behind his place. And rightly so.

Plaz

Offline Plaz

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 05:28:08 AM »
Quote from: Franko;628226
@ Plaz

There are still some left here on the forum and having read them and the stuff he posts on YouTube and other places these days I think he's either mellowed out a wee bit or on medication to keep him calm... :)

The only thing that worries me is that you're actually seeking them out. ;)

What's up, looking to out doom the Doomy?

Plaz

Offline Plaz

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 05:30:44 AM »
I am really slow. I just figured out what this all about Franko. You've just decided you can't stand that green bar of activity to ever drop below 100%. :)

Plaz

Offline Plaz

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 05:54:52 AM »
magnetic, you have me scratching my head a bit. You want heavier modding (which I could understand) but in getting it you'd likely get a ban for the way you're advocating for it. "Taking one for the team" in a respect?

Plaz

Offline Plaz

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 06:17:15 AM »
Quote from: magnetic;628262
Actually if you follow my post history

Yes, you've clearly not been yourself lately. (And no I'm not referring to moobunny account spoofing :))

Plaz

Offline Plaz

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 06:41:09 AM »
Quote from: magnetic;628277
Never had one post on moobuny..

I posted a bit back when the thing first opened up to public posting. It went down hill immediately after that. Matter of fact it's where I first got slammed by BBRV now that I think about it.

I remember way back when it was just art display and a personal blog. I liked it much better then.

Plaz

Offline Plaz

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 02:43:46 PM »
One more thought to add.... as CUSA rolls out it's 64 and later it's Amiga, chances are the average age of the crowd interested in visiting here is going to drop, perhaps dramatically. Though we have some younger users here now, my perception is that the majority of frequent poster are older duddies like me and the tone is set according.

A.org needs to think about how the forums play in the future. Will it stay the gruffer version where I can learn about barnacle appendages and how the apply to computer thread topics (which I though was funny actually), or will it try to smooth out the rough edges for new visitors?

At this point if my 14 year old who's interested in science and computers wanted to research Amiga info and history at Amiga.org, I'd seriously consider putting it on the restricted list based on the recent activity. Food for thought.

Plaz

Offline Plaz

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 04:35:50 PM »
Quote from: runequester;628484
So my question is.. at the moment,what separates amiga.org from moobunny?

And I'm feeling my previous post was completely skipped.

Plaz

Offline Plaz

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 05:33:36 PM »
Striving for family friendly might be overkill, but I'd prefer to send the little buggers away without their eyes and ears burning.

Plaz
Can't spell my own name today
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 05:43:36 PM by Plaz »

Offline Plaz

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 05:41:40 PM »
Quote from: TheBilgeRat;628498
What about if your 14 year old was studying sociology and/or psychology? :lol:

Classroom study, sure fine. Calling your teacher, fellow student by some of those names/terms... mmm, not so much. :biglaugh:

Plaz