Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Vesalia are taking Pegasos preorders  (Read 10579 times)

Description:

Chathurawind

Re: Vesalia are taking Pegasos preorders
« Reply #29 from previous page: March 23, 2002, 08:18:04 PM »
point me one bit of software that only works with cgx and not p96 ... thats right its CGX`s fault cuz its a bang o` $#@!e !

Chathurawind

« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2002, 08:42:35 PM »
>Well i won`t be buying a Bplan just to find it
>crashes alot

That's why they tested it over a year and don't sell you developer beta boards like eyetech does.

Chathurawind

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2002, 08:48:27 PM »
>Hell lets boycott MOS,BPlan and DCE in one go cuz they`ve all in one way or another been involved in dirty practices.

And Eyetech too! They sell you a Predator which is actually a renamed GREX! Oh my god!

Chathurawind

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2002, 01:17:23 AM »
Yes, apart from the GREX and the Predator having different buses, different chipsets and different specs, they're exactly the same!

PS: My PPC board works perfectly and always has. Enough said.

Offline Rodney

• Show only replies by Rodney
    • http://donthaveone.com/
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2002, 04:38:06 AM »
Dave if your refering to my post, AmigaOne is not the REAL Amiga... Well let me explain.

The only REAL Amiga is AmigaOS!!!

What ever platform that runs on, it doesnt matter. If its AmigaOS, if it runs nativly its an Amiga!!!

So, the pegusos (if it runs amigaos), sharkPPC and CyberstormPPC will all also be the REAL Amigas. Because they all run AmigaOS.

The AmigaOne is no more a REAL Amiga then the pegasus is or any of these other boards!
We are not Humans having a spirital experiance
We are Spirits having a Human experiance.

Chathurawind

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2002, 07:30:26 AM »
Rodney

Im not referring to your post - I cant see any posts from you. In fact I cant see many that others are following up to.

Either Ive smoked too much catnip today or this database is corrupt.

Toodle pip!

Dave.

Offline System

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2002, 02:54:55 PM »
I can only say this ,and for anybody that belives the same thing. You are so stupid, its a mac clone. Amigaone isnt the final course of direction. it is by know means the true Amiga. With this crapy system you loose real-time and multitasking not to mention true 24bit. now true you can render faster ,but i rather have the rest and not have rendering speed as stock. then again who renders, and  i can update my sytem with a ppc and render faster. :-x

Offline System

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2002, 03:08:45 PM »
The only REAL Amiga is AmigaOS!!!

What ever platform that runs on, it doesnt matter. If its AmigaOS, if it runs nativly its an Amiga!!!

So wrong on both accounts  AMIga is hardware and software(os).Without the great hardware you just have a great os running on a lineal machince . Then the amiga os becomes lineal -no multitasking,no real-time ,plus not to mention no true 24bit of graphics when it is restricted to this type of hardware. Let me explain here. The Amiga gets or uses 24bits of graphics per each channel of v,g,a.The rest use 8bit ,ie the pc, per each channel, so yes pcs get emmulated 24 bitbut not true 24bit . Amiga is not about lies but about truth firstly.

The AmigaOne is no more a REAL Amiga then the pegasus is or any of these other boards!

These are all mac clones which are pc clones. That is the true reason
The sad fac is alot of people hae been hoodwinked and dont realize the facts that i mention.

Chathurawind

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2002, 03:18:18 PM »
>With this crapy system you loose real-time and
>multitasking not to mention true 24bit.

Huh? Not sure what you mean, can you elaborate a bit?
My A1200 has true 24bit, the 24bit addressing mode
of the EC020, right? *lol*

>then again who renders, and i can update my
>sytem with a ppc and render faster.

Your mystery A2000 G3 card, Mister "shawn"?

Chathurawind

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2002, 03:22:24 PM »
>plus not to mention no true 24bit of graphics
>when it is restricted to this type of hardware.

It's good enough for me if it supports the standard
32bit of gfx.
:D

Offline KennyR

• Show only replies by KennyR
    • http://wrongpla.net
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2002, 04:58:22 PM »
Ah, this is more like it. People are now reading, doing some good research, bringing up sensible points and exploring them in a civil and logical manner. This is what forums are about, not lame trolling!

My congratulations and thanks go to those people who have behaved themselves, no matter what side of the pegasos/A1 divide.

My utter contempt and dirty underpants to whiners.  :-P

PS: Yes Ivan, I agree that MorphOS followers are on the whole less civil and much more likely to begin flames. I have noticed this myself many, many times. Perhaps I can understand them a little. I believe that they think that the pegasos is in real danger against the A1, which they view as just a cheap ppc board hammered together in a few months.

Whatever, they may be right, they may be wrong, but if they're not civil they do their cause more harm than good. That goes for the other side too.

Offline Seehund

• Show only replies by Seehund
    • http://AmigaPOP.8bit.co.uk/
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2002, 05:21:36 PM »
Shawn wrote:
... lineal machince ... -no multitasking,no real-time ... no true 24bit of graphics ... each channel of v,g,a ... pcs get emmulated 24 bit ... REAL Amiga ... mac clones which are pc clones.

Nice to see you here Shawn! Now we won't need a humour category in the forums.
[color=0000FF]Maybe it\\\'s still possible to [/color]save AmigaOS [color=0000FF][/size][/color]  :rtfm:......

Offline Kronos

• Resident blue troll
    • Show only replies by Kronos
    • http://www.SteamDraw.de
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2002, 06:00:08 PM »
Check out the comments on the english part of Amiga-News.de.

Now he claims he would develop a G5/Zorro4/AAAAA-super Amiga.

BoXer anyone ? :-P  :-P
1. Make an announcment.
2. Wait a while.
3. Check if it can actually be done.
4. Wait for someone else to do it.
5. Start working on it while giving out hillarious progress-reports.
6. Deny that you have ever announced it
7. Blame someone else

Chathurawind

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2002, 07:49:28 PM »
>Amiga gets or uses 24bits of graphics per each
> channel of v,g,a.The rest use 8bit ,ie the pc, per
>each channel,

What the f*** you are talking here? Get a live. The Amiga never had 24bit per gun! You're talking bs here. Even the 24bit boards used standard VGA chips, thus the old Cirrus based boards (Picollo, P2 etc.) just had 6bit per gun instead the usual 8 currently used...name a chip which does 32x32x32(+32 alpha? what about that?) . idiot. :-o

Offline System

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2002, 08:06:06 PM »
Stop with the personal attacks here.  You can get your point across without them.  If you can't act like an adult, you will be banned.

We will not tolerate the stupidity of other sites here.  We will have no "Shawns" here, and if I have to disable anonymous posting to get there, rest assured, it will be done.

Open communication does not mean stupid mindless attacks because you think no one is watching.

Wayne Hunt
Site Manager
Amiga.org

Offline DaveP

• Show only replies by DaveP
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2002, 10:21:40 PM »

So wrong on both accounts AMIga is hardware and software(os).Without the great hardware you just have a great os running on a lineal machince . Then the amiga os becomes lineal -no multitasking,no real-time ,plus not to mention no true 24bit of graphics when it is restricted to this type of hardware. Let me explain here. The Amiga gets or uses 24bits of graphics per each channel of v,g,a.The rest use 8bit ,ie the pc, per each channel, so yes pcs get emmulated 24 bitbut not true 24bit . Amiga is not about lies but about truth firstly.

Hello again Shawn. We had this discussion on ANN way before you starting using mine and others handles to spoof as us to stir the s**t. It seems you never read followups either ( which is a very Rueian habit ) because if you did you would have read my detailed technical explanation of why you are completely incorrect, quoting from the Amiga RKRMs, AA technical reference et al.

Your prose is instantly recognisable as are your views, you are pretty unique really.

If you need money to buy books or get an education Im sure we would all chip in.

Regards

Dave.
Hate figure. :lol: