Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: bad disks etc  (Read 931 times)

Description:

Offline Peter_s

• Show all replies
Re: bad disks etc
« on: April 27, 2004, 06:43:48 PM »
Sorry that will be my fault.
Amiga1200 in PT c/w 3.1 roms,40gig hd,blizzard ppc 060/160mhz 144megs,os3.9,mediator sx,Voodoo3 2000,Sb sound card,pin pctv rave card,SVGA 17\\" monitor,internal scan doubler and sony cdr

Offline Peter_s

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 04:51:59 PM »
Ok since I made the post that got deleted, I may aswell chuck in my 2 {bleep}ing cents.  The guy had the original games so I posted a site I came across which had the adfs that he needed(never read the whole site to know if he had permission to redistribute these files or not some of us have other things in life to do!) So since he had bought the orignals there was'nt any harm in him downloading the backups from the site I posted.  The way I see if is if you bought the proper software does it really matter where you download a backup copy from, like the other member pointed out. I wouldnt say it was pirate software if he only downloaded the games he bought but would consider it pirate software if he download games he did'nt buy (thats a no no for sure, he wouldnt be doing anything wrong the only person/s what are doing wrong here is the site admin for not getting in contact with the authors to get permission to redistribute these files,  But this is only my view on this subject and i'm not saying i'm right or wrong but its my view and you may not like it but hey you can tell people what to do.
Amiga1200 in PT c/w 3.1 roms,40gig hd,blizzard ppc 060/160mhz 144megs,os3.9,mediator sx,Voodoo3 2000,Sb sound card,pin pctv rave card,SVGA 17\\" monitor,internal scan doubler and sony cdr

Offline Peter_s

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004, 05:22:46 PM »
Yes, but Wayne and the Amiga.org staff are legally responsible for the content on Amiga.org. Posting a link to a pirate site is illegal, and puts Amiga.org in a bad situation.

I did apologize to wayne and I can see everyones side about it being bad for amiga.org to host such links and if I wasnt so thick skulled I would of thought about it before posting. But with being trying to be helpful, I done wrong and I hold my hands up to that so you can chuck me in the stocks and chuck yer fruit (no stones cause they hurt :pissed:)