Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AROS on Xbox just for fun :)  (Read 3424 times)

Description:

Offline CritAnime

• Previous Life Time Member
    • Show only replies by CritAnime
Re: AROS on Xbox just for fun :)
« Reply #14 from previous page: January 24, 2012, 07:04:00 PM »
If you feel brave enough then you could remove the existing RAM, requires desoldering, and replace it with 128MB. This greatly improves performance with emulation and homebrew stuff. I personally didn't do this when I had an xbox but I got my friend, who does fine soldering for a living, to do it for me.

Offline J-Golden

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
    • Show only replies by J-Golden
    • http://about.me/J.Golden
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 08:38:04 PM »
Heh, I actually run a service for Steel Battalion players on another site to help people softmod their original Xbox.  I also tracked down a guy in Russia who does physical updates to Xbox motherboards to install a 1.4 GHz. CPU and update the memory. ;)

Don't know who wants to pay for the upgrade, but I'll offer to anyone here the same service.  Just PM me and be willing to pay shipping to and from your place and we can get it going. :D
AMIGA: (NOUN) THE FIRST COMPUTER THAT BRIDGED THE GAP BETWEEN HUMANITY AND TECHNOLOGY.

I'm a dyslectic, phonetic spelling English Major. It's funny 'cause it's TRUE!:roflmao:

WWBD?

Offline Tripitaka

• Show only replies by Tripitaka
    • http://acidapple.com
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 09:15:03 PM »
Quote from: Arkhan;571668
PS3 is much better than Xbox for media sharing.

Having both systems I have to say I just don't agree. The PS3 has hi-def sure, but my trusty ol' XBox with XBMC is a joy to use (for those that don't realise it, the XBox can do 720p and 1080i by the way). I've found many a video file the PS3 just will not play due to being an unsupported format and the XBox plays them all. For ten quid plus the cost of the drive it stands out as one of the best tech bargains around.

I also watch movies and play mp3 on my old GBA too. Wonderful what can be done with a bit of hardware abuse.

Meanwhile, back on topic. I would love to see a specific XBox AROS build, someone should mention it to buzz.
Falling into a dark and red rage.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 02:12:46 AM »
Quote from: Mrs Beanbag;677308
Any reason why?  Being able to run it native would be awesome on a stick. If it means massive coding, it might give me something to do.

It simply hasnt been ported to that hardware yet. Even Xbox1 needs a little work, despite its gpu and audio hardware more or less being supported in aros.

There's a few efforts at the moment to create something that appears native to the user while having the benefit of utilising the hardware that linux supports though. This is probably the closest a person will get until someone with an interest decides to port AROS to said systems. There's just recently been a wrapper of sorts finished to allow for 3d hardware access under hosted too.

Not a "perfect" solution for purists, but quite handy for bringing aros to places it cant, or can only partially go for the moment.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline kedawa

• Show only replies by kedawa
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 02:12:47 AM »
I didn't even know you could pay for XBMC.