Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New DOSbox up for testing and...  (Read 5233 times)

Description:

Offline XDelusionTopic starter

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
New DOSbox up for testing and...
« on: November 18, 2011, 02:17:12 AM »
http://aros-exec.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=110&topic_id=4599&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&type=&mode=0

Please check out the Link above where Fishy Fish has uploaded his most recent port of DOSbox which "should"'have the last set of bugs resolved.

Down load it, run some tests and let Fish know what you think as he needs your feed back on this awesome port!!!

Also, he has his latest incarnation of classic PrBoom nearly ready for a release as well!
For those who don't know, PrBoom
 is a Doom source port that removes some of the limitations and bugs of classic Doom as well as adds in a few features that classic Doom could not pull off.
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
Re: New DOSbox up for testing and...
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 02:25:20 AM »
Fishy Fish. Is that fishy fiz? Fishy-fiz? Fizzy Fiz? Fishy wishy? Whatever. Whatever his username (user-name?) is... i cant be bothered. What's the point in anything anyway?

PS - What planet am i on?  :confused:
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 02:59:18 AM »
Mars...

NO WAIT!!!

Jupiter.
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 06:07:04 AM »
Thanks for the little bit of promotion there XDelusion :)

Ive had another person look at it besides myself as well now, and they also confirmed that the few remaining issues are gone.

One bug left in PRBoom and then 68k/os3.x gets some love (Dosbox and PRBoom)

p.s. Dosbox 0.74 can be found here:

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/70d248f68f_5.48NB
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 06:15:46 AM by fishy_fiz »
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 06:15:57 AM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;668257
Thanks for the little bit of promotion there XDelusion :)

Ive had another person look at it besides myself as well now, and they also confirmed that the few remaining issues are gone.

One bug left in PRBoom and then 68k/os3.x gets some love (Dosbox and PRBoom)

Well ya....

I don't want to see one of my favorite coders loose his volition! ;)

Cool to hear, I have downloaded DOXbox and am going to head home here in a bit to play around with it and see that I don't encounter the same issues again either as I seem to always be that one dude who finds problems when everything is working perfectly for everyone else.
Hopefully this release will break that cycle! :)

So OS 3.x is getting a port of both DOSbox and PrBOOM you say?!?!? Which in turn means I'm NOT going to be lame an try them under WinUAE. No, not I. Rather I'm going to be firing up my Amithlon machine with something new and wonderful to do on it!!!!!!

Have I told recently how much you rock?!?!? Because you do!!!

Offline fishy_fiz

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 06:18:09 AM »
@Kesa

You're a little one the "un" side of usual arent you?  :)
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 06:22:04 AM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;668259
@Kesa

You're a little one the "un" side of usual arent you?  :)

KESA suffered from SPAM poisoning as a child. That and he was raped by a hamster. It's not his fault.

Offline fishy_fiz

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 06:25:06 AM »
Quote from: XDelusion;668258
Have I told recently how much you rock?!?!? Because you do!!!

Guilty as charged. Although the rocking stops short of wearing lycra in my house.
Seriously, what were the 80's/early 90's rock musicians thinking? How did that become a trend? Near as I can tell its Desmond Child's fault. :)

p.s. The above may sound cryptic unless youre old(ish)  :)

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 06:30:38 AM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;668261
Guilty as charged. Although the rocking stops short of wearing lycra in my house.
Seriously, what were the 80's/early 90's rock musicians thinking? How did that become a trend? Near as I can tell its Desmond Child's fault. :)

p.s. The above may sound cryptic unless youre old(ish)  :)

lycra. So that's what that mysterious material is called!

I was born in January 1975, so I had the privlage(?) to have lived through the nightmare that was the 80's...

and things have only gotten more tacky and more bizarre since!

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2011, 06:31:58 AM »
Lycra! :)

Offline fishy_fiz

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 06:32:47 AM »
Sure, the official word is that he was raped by a hamster, but the reality is much closer to Richard Gere.

It's not as well known that Kesa was part of a cult run by Richard Gere. The cries of "The hamster raped me" could be heard nightly. It was a mantra of sorts should the cult be uncovered, so they practiced it often.

If it wasnt for Richard Gere's celebrity status, and his lining of pockets with bribes, the real story wouldve come out.

Offline fishy_fiz

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2011, 06:36:04 AM »
Well, that's a bit different.
Women in lycra can look good.
Men in lycra give me an overwhelming desire to poke my eyes out.

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2011, 06:38:45 AM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;668264
Sure, the official word is that he was raped by a hamster, but the reality is much closer to Richard Gere.

It's not as well known that Kesa was part of a cult run by Richard Gere. The cries of "The hamster raped me" could be heard nightly. It was a mantra of sorts should the cult be uncovered, so they practiced it often.

If it wasnt for Richard Gere's celebrity status, and his lining of pockets with bribes, the real story wouldve come out.

I thought he smelled of a certain Gereyish funk. That explains so much!!!!

And all this time I thought that video evidence was a mock up. I should have known!

I

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2011, 06:41:09 AM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;668265
Well, that's a bit different.
Women in lycra can look good.
Men in lycra give me an overwhelming desire to poke my eyes out.

Ya, I have to admit that my little search through Google Images left me a bit emotionally scared! I'd share the horrors that I witnessed but I just can't bring my self to go back there now!

MUST SEEK THERAPY!

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2011, 08:36:59 AM »
If you guys must know i was a wee bit drunk  :p  I started drinking passion pops at 11am   :drink: and got my hangover at 5 pm. I think I'm partied out. God it hurts right now   :(
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.