Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AROS Mentioned in Oz PC Mag  (Read 3675 times)

Description:

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
Re: AROS Mentioned in Oz PC Mag
« on: February 19, 2011, 07:31:02 AM »
Yeah i saw it too today at the supermarket. Bit disappointed though. Small print in the bottom right hand corner so not really sure who would read it. Can't say the magazine was very enthusiastic about it :hammer:
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 11:34:35 AM »
I'm not a drama queen!

ps this is my 500th post

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 11:00:36 AM »
Quote from: Bodie_CI5;616556
Man, hope the attachments work. Had to pull out the rusty scanner, dusty off cobwebs (well, not really) and try and get the friggin thing set up. It doesn't like lower res scans for some reason. Tried to scale image in GIMP, images wouldn't turn out too nice, for some reason (yeah, OK, I'm a noob hehe). If the images don't show up here, hopefully the photobucket links will. Oh, and I only scanned the two pages of the 3 page round up... took too long to do the other two (dying to play some Black Ops lol)

URL: http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m81/Bodie_CI5/cccc.jpg

URL: http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m81/Bodie_CI5/dddd.jpg

It spiced up a loooooooooooooooooong week at work when I saw it on the train yesterday. Added a nice touch :D

How are you? We're both OK. Been keeping well? Just like Warcrack, it just seems one_just_can't_keep_away from Amigas hehe :-D

_________
Hi XDelusion,

That's right, I remember the experimentation back then. Didn't compute up until I read your post.

_________
@ Queen Drama Bee

You're right about the small print, but then, so were all the other OS's nominated, with the exception, of course, of the two finalists. I would beg to differ, though, on your first claim, for two reasons:

a) The title of the thread utilises the word "mentioned" and not "glowing appraisal and thorough review of AROS in Oz PC Mag". I would have posted this as a news item and not as a normal thread. As a "Queen Spelling Bee" I would have thought your grasp of the basic nuances of the English language would have been much stronger than that.

b) Considering that probably no-one in the Amiga community had anything to do with the inclusion of said 3rd placement of AROS, I think, is a pretty good deal. Even if it is a small wrap-up.

Furthermore, you muse,

Those who read the feature, would have read the third placed OS, had they, for example, read an obscure 7th place OS in the feature.

You also write;

But, please, allow me to retort. Do the words:

sound highly unenthusiastic, to you?

The article also paid 'tribute' to Amiga's lack of protected memory; and, of course, I refer you back to my original post re "great potential".

Please, keep the hammer for yourself, your lack of comma utilisation in your post is most disconcerting.

I'm going to quote this post so people have scroll heaps to get past it.