Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Video: AROS 68K Booting  (Read 11018 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: Video: AROS 68K Booting
« on: November 24, 2010, 12:20:01 PM »
Quote from: Fransexy_;594022
Nothing like the real AmigaOS.The backporting of Aros to 68k shows how Aros is slow as any other actual operating system, sure it flys on super duper multi GHZ monster but is not as responsiveness as origunal OS on very, very limited hadrware.AmigaOS classic still rules!!!!

You've obviously never written a line of hardware bashing code in your life. :sigh:
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 01:05:56 PM »
Quote from: Franko;594033
Is there a projected date (or even a guesstimate) for an actual release of AROS 68K, don't wish to sound ungrateful or anything but I've begun to wonder recently why we are all still waiting around for things like AROS, the X1000, Natami or MiniMigAGA to actually appear.

I mean all these years of wishful thinking and still believing that one day something great (despite all the vapourware and broken promises of the past)  or even just something new or different will happen with the Amiga is finally starting to wear a bit thin (even for someone as dedicated as myself).  The human lifespan is quite short and limited and it would be nice to see just one of these great projects finally come to fruition before some of us old fogies finally shut down for the last time... :)

AROS: No schedule and rockin'!
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 01:16:12 PM »
Quote from: Fransexy_;594036
Hey!! do not be so agressive, it is only a comment of my feeling when see the video But do no get wrong I want Aros to be  successful as well as AmigaOS and MorphOS. I am a multicolour fan ;-) (before anybody make the joke, no, it has nothing to do with gay flagship)

Well, now you come to mention it your avatar is a tad homo-erotic.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 01:34:23 PM »
Quote from: Karlos;594046
I'm sure well-built men are just as capable of giving gay guys the vapours too ;)

Methinks the lady doth protesteth too much! ;)

Offline nicholas

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 01:52:11 AM »
Quote from: bloodline;594384
Now for a video of Wanderer (Workbench clone) running... this video is so boring I forgive anyone for wanting me dead after watching it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9nqW-5I9Ag

I hate Youtube... it's 30 seconds too long:

http://www.cutiemish.com/Wanderer.avi

Looking sexier by the day!

Thanks Matt.