Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Windows "7"  (Read 7432 times)

Description:

Offline Vlabguy1

• Show all replies
Re: Windows "7"
« on: November 21, 2009, 02:01:02 AM »
So Windows "7"  has actually been surpassed by Windows Mobile 6.5..hehe..which eh isnt that good either.  I had the HTC Imagio phone for about a week and returned it. the OS(Windows Mobile 6.5) is not quite there(yet). Mobile Explorer is very slow and always locked up.  Not too mention the typical windows quirks etc.  Great phone though but the OS should have been Android.  MMM..dang I really want an Amiga OS powered phone.  
I have not had a chance to seen or use Windows7, not really in a rush to do so..but Im sure I will at some point.

Rich
ny

Quote from: Matt_H;530557
Had a very brief chance to play with Windows 7 for the first time last weekend. Here I am thinking that Microsoft has finally moved away from arbitrary names for their products ("ME", "XP", "Vista") and gone back to a nice, sensible naming scheme based on version numbers.

Not so! A quick glance at the "About Windows" entry in the help menu reveals that Windows 7 is actually Windows 6.1, internally.

While it's true that Windows 7 is barely different from Vista, you'd think they would have at least bumped the internal version number.

Offline Vlabguy1

• Show all replies
Re: Windows "7"
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 02:22:55 AM »
Agreed ..I almost typed that..in my post.  Opera is great!  Although lacking in Flash :-(.  
I know Adobe is going to release mobile Flash..or have they already??  In the end the Imagio was just a bit too much phone for me.  The HTC Droid is also a nice phone.  I though about the iPhone but AT&Ts service is not that great where I live.  Plus I think the "data" plans should be choice for the customer and available al a carte ..or as needed.  

HTC makes some great phones.  The 5.0mp camera on the Imagio is pretty good. The iphone should have a 5.0mp camera and the 3.0mp camera should be moved to the iPod Touch...

Rich
ny

Quote from: tone007;530560
Opera on WM6.5 is great, I've got the AT&T Fuze (HTC) and I'm pretty happy with it.