Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: oops!!! Thank god for MorphOS  (Read 4235 times)

Description:

Offline kedawa

• Show only replies by kedawa
Re: oops!!! Thank god for MorphOS
« Reply #14 from previous page: October 15, 2009, 06:15:14 PM »
Upgrade installs are retarded to begin with.  This bug just drives that point home.

Offline Plaz

Re: oops!!! Thank god for MorphOS
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2009, 01:35:11 AM »
Quote from: kedawa;526093
Upgrade installs are retarded to begin with.  This bug just drives that point home.

Eh, depends on your point of view. For me it's a challenge to be met. Both my main Amiga and my windows box have never had a clean install since their first setup. I installed an HD on my first Amiga with WB1.2. I installed Windows 3.11 on a x286. How many years ago I couldn't say now. But in each case the OS's were upgraded. Once the HD's were old/slow/filled, I cloned them to bigger drives and then later came new OS upgrades and at times new motherboars with hardware. Windows went from 3.11>Win95>Win95b>Win98>Win98SE>XP>XPsp2, each as an upgrade.

My Amiga now sits with 3.9 and the Windows box at XPsp2 on a dual-core/core2. With windows through the years I've had to do registry maintenace, reinstall a few apps and drivers that wouldn't co-operate, but all eventually was solved. I once used a nice registry clean up util on windows that found remanents of a game I had installed almost 10 years earlier. Ah good times. :)

Let me also add that through all of this, I made backups. This little fact would have saved the butts of those who lost data with Snow Leopard. If any thing was truely retarded, it was doing upgrades without backups.

Plaz