Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Back on the Amiga scene  (Read 2098 times)

Description:

Offline 3vilcTopic starter

• Show all replies
Back on the Amiga scene
« on: June 05, 2005, 09:38:27 AM »
Hi all,

After deciding I really wanted to get back into the Amiga scene,  I went in search of a 2nd hand system at a reasonable price.. the collectable nature has seen the prices sour right up.. I just couldnt find anything particularly useful after looking at online auctions for weeks, so I settled on a CDTV with the idea of finding all the parts to make it into an A500.  I then placed an ad in the local trade and exchange magazine wanting amiga hardware, and got a phone call from someone who said her husband had heaps of stuff and wanted to get rid of it as it was taking up heaps of room in storage.  I went to have a look, not having too higher hopes, and to my suprise it turned out to be a complete A1200 system with accessories and mostly in original boxes, I offered all the cash I had in my wallet which was probably less than half what the stuff would be worth, but the guy was just happy to see it going somewhere it would be used.
So I now have an A1200 running an 030 @ 30mhz, 8meg fast ram + the 2mb chip ram, SurfSquirrel with a SCSI cdrom and an old modem, 2 now spare hdds (put a spare 1.6gig out of my old laptop in), a philips monitor and heaps of other stuff.  And still got that CDTV sitting in the spare room :)
Unfortunately it only has 3.0 ROMs but trying to find a pair of 3.1s so I can install OS3.9 then I'll be happy

Just thought I would introduce myself and i'm sure ill have many questions to follow :)

Clive