Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I am making a movie. Looking for all video game experts.  (Read 4843 times)

Description:

Offline BoingBossTopic starter

• Show all replies
    • http://home.comcast.net/~doom2fan/
I am making a movie. Looking for all video game experts.
« on: July 30, 2004, 11:37:32 PM »
Hello to all my fellow Amiga fans,

I am in the process of making a movie about the History of Video Games.  It will be sold on DVD and VHS media.  I am looking for video game experts, like myself, to help with this project.  Here is what you do:

Hook up a VCR to your Amiga, Atari ST, PC, Nintendo 64, Sony Playstation, Super Nintendo, etc. and record yourself playing your favorite video games.  The recording MUST be in SP Mode.  I will also accept DVD recordings.  Next, carefully package your recorded game and mail it to me.  Include your REAL name so I may include it in the Movie credits.  Pmail me for shipping address and any questions.  Those of you that help me with this project will receive a FREE copy of the movie on DVD or VHS (your choice).

I am also looking for a sexy female voice to do some of the narrations in the movie.  I myself will be hosting the movie.

The game recordings that I am particularly interested in are the following:  Pong (the original Atari version), Ultima III (C64 version), Ultima VI (SNES version), Doom and Doom II (PC version), Vampire: The Masquerade Redemption (PC version), Gods (Amiga & SNES versions), SideWinder (Amiga version), Barbarian II (Atari ST Platform version), Shadow Warrior and Blood (PC versions), Phantasie III (Atari ST version), Shanghai II (Rare SNES version), Ultima II (Atari ST Mono version), Star Trek Voyager Elite Force (PC version), GoldenEye and Doom 64 (N64 versions).

Even though I am looking for the above game recordings, I will accept ALL video game recordings.  Make sure that you practice playing the game first before recording it, this way you will be recording your best.  Remember, that millions of people will be seeing this movie.  It will be sold, starting in New York City, as a commercial product and hopefully will be sold in all video stores around the world.  So do your best.  And thanks for the help in advance.    :-D
My favorite TV shows:  Star Trek Voyager, Forever Knight, Stargate SG1, Married with Children, As Time Goes By, Mr. Bean, Smallville, The Six Million Dollar Man, and Xena

• Show all replies
Re: I am making a movie. Looking for all video game experts.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2004, 03:24:13 AM »
Hi kd7ota,

Record whatever game you like and up to 2 hours.  I will only use the best 30 seconds to 2 minutes of each VHS tape or DVD and only if your game is selected to be one of the games in the movie.   :-D
My favorite TV shows:  Star Trek Voyager, Forever Knight, Stargate SG1, Married with Children, As Time Goes By, Mr. Bean, Smallville, The Six Million Dollar Man, and Xena

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2004, 04:39:44 PM »
Hi weirdami,

Will you be getting copyright permission for all the games, too?

I already have.   :-D

Some of the companies are out of business.   :boohoo:

Guys, stop the BS and let's get going with this, shall we ?    :roll:

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2004, 05:43:51 PM »
First of all I want to say that all of the copyright law concerns will be taken care of.

Second, you do not have to include your real name if you don't want to.  I just though it would be cool for you guys to see your names in the movie credits that millions of people will see.

The money from the movie will go to NASA to help fund the Mars space program.  I really believe that it is time for us to start our own Star Trek Era, FOR REAL not just a TV show.  If we all would just stop fighting and work together on the space program we could build a real Starship Enterprise or Voyager and begin the exploration of space.  We need to get away from the money system and start sharing this planets resources.  Right now money is what motivates us, this is wrong.  Bettering ourselves should be our main motivation.  Until we get away from money and religion we will never evolve to our next stage of evolution and we will continue to have our silly little wars.

Anyway, think about all of the fun times you guys have had playing video games and of how far we have come.  I myself would love to see a movie of the video game era.  One of my intentions is to show in the movie interviews with all of the great people who made video games possible, programmers, artists, game level designers, musicians.  So, if any of you folks are reading this and want to be interviewed just pmail me.    :-D

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2004, 04:31:42 AM »

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2004, 08:35:09 AM »
Hi anakirob,

I do also accept TRUE AVI format.  DivX sucks and I like to create my own master video mpgs from an original capture.  It turns out better this way.  You could always burn the AVI to a CD-R or a DVD-R and mail it to me.  If you do a good "kick-ass" job, I will include some of your video and audio footage in the movie.    :-D