Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: You & Amiga in a year  (Read 6832 times)

Description:

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: You & Amiga in a year
« on: August 21, 2009, 12:58:49 AM »
Now that Wayne has decided to sell A.org, I will probably be more active helping out here and interacting with the group, or person who will be running the site in the future.

I actually plan to be more active with my Classic Amigas, my Efika running MorphOS (and hopefully by then my G4 PPC MacMini running MorphOS too), and possibly running AmigaOS4.1 on my A4000T w/CSPPC to see what that looks and feels like for myself.

I also will be showing all of my Amiga systems to children and young teens in my area again and teaching them how to use them to do programming & create music, video, graphic content for themselves on antique equipment.

Amiga emulation will also be part of my computing experience (love AmiKit).

So for me, the Amiga experience is still alive and kicking and will continue to do so for years to come.  When computers become an interactive experience controlled by thoughts, or eye movements and are as small as a hearing aid and one contact lens, I will consider upgrading.  Until then I think I have all I need in the way of hardware.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 08:35:10 PM »
Quote from: kickstart;521617
I want to know why this spectation for natami?

The project seems the most vapourware product in amiga history and if will be release, this all new features need drivers and specific new applications i dont see the "classic" side on it.

Then you obviously haven't done your homework on the NatAmi project.  The aim of NatAmi is to run almost all of the old "Classic" software natively at a faster speed than any real "Classic" Amiga ever did.

I don't know why you would claim that it is the "Most" vaporware product in Amiga history, when the developers of NatAmi have already demonstrated some of their hardware designs and also parts of their 3D software work.

I will admit that their goals are very ambitious, and they may never reach all of them, but even if they only accomplish half of what they are trying to do, it will be an improvement over the fastest "Classic" Amiga model and in that way it will be a step forward from those classic models, but retain most of the compatibility.

It is an interesting project for those people that would like to see what might have been possible if Commodore had been better at continuing development of the classic Amiga in 1988 to 1992, but I don't think anyone is trying to say that the NatAmi is going to be comparable to any modern computer of the 21st Century.

I think it is very interesting to watch and hope that it will be completed.

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 08:56:37 PM »
Quote from: jorkany;521621
I take it you haven't met Atheist?

Well there are always one or two exceptions to sanity here and there.