Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: You & Amiga in a year  (Read 6801 times)

Description:

Offline efrenmgp

Re: You & Amiga in a year
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2009, 04:04:04 PM »
I like the classic and already have one, I think it would be my only Amiga system for a while until the economy gets better and then I'll decide between the SAM and (if available by then) the Mac Mini MorphOS port.

Offline tone007

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2009, 04:04:08 PM »
I plan to have less Amigas in a year.
3 Commodore file cabinets, 2 Commodore USB turntables, 1 AmigaWorld beer mug
Alienware M14x i7 laptop running AmigaForever

Offline zylesea

• Show only replies by zylesea
    • http://www.via-altera.de
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2009, 04:04:37 PM »
My Mac Mini waits for the MorphOS release. But my Efika and Pegaos will probably to continue to work next year, too.

Offline skilgannon

• Show only replies by skilgannon
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2009, 04:39:18 PM »
Hopefully I'll have my A3000D, once Drac sends it to me that is so I'll probably be messing around with expansion for it in a year.
I\'m an IK+ championship winning, goal scoring superstar hero ;)

C= Amiga 600, 3.1 ROM with ACA630, 2mb Chip, CF IDE, Easynet Wifi (once it all arrives!)
CD32; Commodore SX64; C64c, Sinclair QL; Sinclair Spectrum+; Sinclair ZX81; PS3; XBOX 360; Sega Saturn; Wii; NDS; PSP.

Offline amibill_XL

• Show only replies by amibill_XL
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2009, 04:44:08 PM »
I re-entered the Amiga world this February out of nostalgia at first and now I've ended up with 7 classic Amigas and one Sam.I have a lot to explore in the classics since I have never used the OS or any programs apart from Deluxe Paint and games back then.So almost everything is new to me.I've bought the Sam out of curiosity and of the need to buy a new piece of Amiga hardware before it runs out.I don't use the Amiga as my every day computer since I am not accustomed to it (I've been out of contact with the Amiga world for 15 years) unlike others who have been using it continiously.So the Amiga story is mainly a hobby for me now and I'm going to use them within this parameter.

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2009, 07:14:49 PM »
Yes, the Amiga won't/can't be an everyday machine.  Those days are gone forever, it they ever existed.  That's not so bad, it's nice to have a toy that has zero possibility of doing something productive on it, my iPhone is nice but people send me email and I check the servers regularly with it.  The more work I do with it the less fun it is!  I can't do anything resembling work on an Amiga, it's pure fun!

Quote from: amibill_XL;519247
I re-entered the Amiga world this February out of nostalgia at first and now I've ended up with 7 classic Amigas and one Sam.I have a lot to explore in the classics since I have never used the OS or any programs apart from Deluxe Paint and games back then.So almost everything is new to me.I've bought the Sam out of curiosity and of the need to buy a new piece of Amiga hardware before it runs out.I don't use the Amiga as my every day computer since I am not accustomed to it (I've been out of contact with the Amiga world for 15 years) unlike others who have been using it continiously.So the Amiga story is mainly a hobby for me now and I'm going to use them within this parameter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline Ilwrath

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2009, 11:32:59 PM »
PANCAKES!

They're delicious and filling.  That is valuable because for the next year or so, it looks like financially, times will be rather lean for me.  Although, I may also take some advice from Dr. Zoidberg, and see if a sandwich-heavy portfolio could pay off for the hungry investor.

Offline Damion

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2009, 12:50:24 AM »
When the old hardware isn't causing major headaches, I'm pretty happy with my A1200 and A2000... games, demos, and messing with the OS. (Nothing serious - pure hobby.) I haven't used MorphOS in years (sold my Pegasos years ago), but might check it out again when the Mini port is available.

Offline Dragster

• Show only replies by Dragster
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2009, 01:23:59 AM »
My possibilities...

Same amigas... a Pegasos II running Amiga OS4.1, MorphOS 2.x or 3.x... and Linux on it... I bought the hardware recently.. I'm building the machine up, then I'll buy the OSes... then, Peg II becoming my main machine... "classic" amigas just for fun.

Cheers
Amiga 1200T 603/240, 060/50, SCSI II, Plextor 40/12/40S SCSI CDRW, Plextor 40X SCSI CDROM, Fujitsu 36GB 10KRPM SCSI HD, Pioneer 305S SCSI DVD, BVisionPPC, 256 MB FASTRAM, PowerFlyer EIDE, Scandex external scandoubler, ZIV busboard, Algor USB, Wireless, repulse audio...Peg II Quadruple boot: OS4.1FE/MorphOS 3.9 regged, OpenSUSE11.1 & Debian Squeeze, Powerbook G4 1139 MorphOS3.9, A4000D CSPPC/PIV/DENEB OS3.9/4.1FE, A4000T CSPPC/CVPPC/SCSI, etc.. 2

Offline mingle

• Show only replies by mingle
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2009, 01:40:07 AM »
What hayashi says...

Offline quarkx

• Show only replies by quarkx
    • http://www.amigalounge.com
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2009, 01:41:31 AM »
If the ECS indivision is out, I will have my A1000 and A600's working with no worry of the Monitior going out. I hope to have the IDE68K on my A1000 with a Compact flash drive and extra ram. The magazine I am working on now will be a monthy reality, and the blog will evolve unto a true website. The A4000 and the CDTV will be up and fixed in all their glorry and my A1200 will receive all of its upgrades and I will have a CD-rom and be on the internet with that.
Wish list, get a PPC for the A4000 or the 1200 and be running OS 4.0 classic. Maybe have a real tower or 2 (not a conversion kit, but own a real 3000 tower)
I have Amiga stuff for sale at http://amigalounge.com. You can follow my builds there also.

Offline the_leander

• Show only replies by the_leander
    • http://www.extropia.co.uk/theleander/
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2009, 03:41:32 AM »
I'm fairly OS agnostic these days - The apps are the only important consideration I have. OpenOffice, Opera (Flash, Java), Pidgin, Skype, Freespace (for The Babylon Project), Q2, ET  and America's Army for games.

Everything else is purely optional.

UAE is all I need for the handful of old games I still love to play every once in a while.

Imho Natami will be stillborn and the rest offer nothing to me.
Blessed Be,
Alan Fisher - the_leander

[SIGPIC]http://www.extropia.co.uk/theleander/[/SIGPIC]

Offline kickstart

• Show only replies by kickstart
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2009, 04:56:03 AM »
Quote from: bloodline;519224
I've moved all my music production to Mac and can now run all my favourite Amiga games natively on my iPhone... The Amiga is dead for me :(

Oh my god... iphone for amiga games? i supose you dont like too much amiga games.

About the pool, all people here is suposed with any classics amiga dont understand this option, same for pancakes and natami need some time for be vapourware, btw i vote for macmini morphos.
a1200 060

Offline JimS

• Show only replies by JimS
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2009, 05:30:00 AM »
I like the looks of the FPGA Arcade board, since I want to learn something about those programmable chips. The NatAmi sounds appealing as well, for the same reason, as well as promising to be fast. My finances will probably keep me with UAE though. ;-)
Obsolescence is futile. You will be emulated. - Amigus of Borg

Offline JC

• Show only replies by JC
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2009, 04:13:16 PM »
Well, since I've only had my Samiga a few weeks I imagine I'll still be using it a year from now. Speaking for myself, Amiga OS4.1 running at 800mhz seems super modern to me. Long Live the Amiga, it OS and it's spirit!
A1000, A500, A600, A1200, CDTV, A2000, A4000 Towered, SamFlex 800mhz,

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #29 from previous page: August 15, 2009, 04:54:04 PM »
given it turns no vapour: natami!