Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New User Registrations Update  (Read 10496 times)

Description:

Offline eliyahuTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
New User Registrations Update
« on: February 09, 2016, 04:01:07 AM »
08 February 2016

For a variety of reasons, and for many months now, new users registering on the site were not getting approved promptly. Earlier today we were able to adjust some site permissions, and I was finally able to start working at long last on the backlog -- which had reached over 1,800 registrations! I have spent several hours going through all of them this evening, and while I've had to reject over 1,000 of them as being probable spambots, as of today, amiga.org is welcoming several hundred new members. So if you see them around, please be sure to make them feel at home. :)

No doubt there may have been a few errors , so if anyone legitimate had their registration denied, please re-apply and send me or any of the other site staff a PM so we can get you sorted. And I may well have approved some "users" that are indeed spambots, so I'll be paying special attention this week to make sure any spam that gets posted is handled as quickly as possible.

But for our new members, many of whom had been waiting over a year to get their registrations at long last approved, our apologies for the delay and a very hearty, if belated, welcome to amiga.org! :)

-- eliyahu
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 04:07:05 AM by eliyahu »
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Offline giZmo350

• Lifetime Member
  • Gulfport, Miss
    • Show only replies by giZmo350
Re: New User Registrations Update
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 04:57:29 AM »
Thanks for sorting this out Eliyahu! :) But also sad! For several months I've been expecting to see a new member, a young fellow, that was very excited to join to specifically learn how to machine code for Amiga. That was about the time there were all the threads asking for new Amiga coders and I was sure he would join after seeing those. He never showed up to the party and I wondered why ever since. Well, now I guess I know. Trouble is, when we parted back then we both had no way to communicate and agreed to do so on Amiga.org thru PM's.

Were you able to send out welcome emails to those in the backlog? If not, I'm just wondering how many won't check back to see if they were approved.

A possible 800 new members would be awesome for our community! That's actually a staggering amount! :laugh1: I just hope they make their way back! We could use some new blood around here! :)

Thanks for the information on this Eliyahu!
A500: 2MB Chip, 8MB Fast, IndiECS, MiniMegi, IDE4ZorroII on Z-500, KS1.3/KS3.1, WB3.1&BWB

A2000HD: 2MB Chip, 128MB Fast, P5:Blizz 2060@50MHz, PCD-50B/4GBCF, XSurf100, RapidRoad, IndiECS, Matze RTG, MiniMegi, CD-RW, SunRize AD516, WB3.9

A1200: 2MB Chip, 64MB Fast, 4GBCF, GVP Typhoon 030 @40MHz w/FPU, Subway USB, EasyNet Ethernet, Indi AGA MKI, FastATA MK-IV, Internal Slim CD/DVD-RW, WB3.5

Surfing The Web With AMIGA Is Fun Again!

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 05:02:50 AM »
Quote from: gizmo350;803728
Were you able to send out welcome emails to those in the backlog? If not, I'm just wondering how many won't check back to see if they were approved.

A possible 800 new members would be awesome for our community! That's actually a staggering amount! :laugh1: I just hope they make their way back! We could use some new blood around here! :)

Thanks for the information on this Eliyahu!

everyone approved should have had an email sent to the address they registered with. the new members are close to 300, rather than 800, but i didn't keep exact tallies. but, yeah, i'm thrilled to be able to welcome so many folks to the forum. i hope at least some of them return after getting the email and join in.

i hope your friend is among them! :)

-- eliyahu

Offline Syper

• Show only replies by Syper
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 05:41:52 AM »
Quote from: eliyahu;803725
08 February 2016

For a variety of reasons, and for many months now, new users registering on the site were not getting approved promptly. Earlier today we were able to adjust some site permissions, and I was finally able to start working at long last on the backlog -- which had reached over 1,800 registrations! I have spent several hours going through all of them this evening, and while I've had to reject over 1,000 of them as being probable spambots, as of today, amiga.org is welcoming several hundred new members. So if you see them around, please be sure to make them feel at home. :)

No doubt there may have been a few errors , so if anyone legitimate had their registration denied, please re-apply and send me or any of the other site staff a PM so we can get you sorted. And I may well have approved some "users" that are indeed spambots, so I'll be paying special attention this week to make sure any spam that gets posted is handled as quickly as possible.

But for our new members, many of whom had been waiting over a year to get their registrations at long last approved, our apologies for the delay and a very hearty, if belated, welcome to amiga.org! :)

-- eliyahu
i'm not a new member but had to create a new one because i no longer able to login to my account..and forget password doesn't work because was my old email..anyway around this?

my old account was "Syperhawk"

thank you for giving me access to post btw :)

Syperhawk

Offline pneron

• Show only replies by pneron
    • http://www.incrediblesteps.com
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 11:56:19 AM »
thank you for registering me!
A2000: OS3.1.4|Picasso II|Blizzard 68060@50 MHz|3xAD516 Sunrize cards|HydraNexus|Cocolino|Gotex Floppy Emulator |Mac OSX (main DAW) | Windows
Incredible Steps Film and Music

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 12:41:12 PM »
Quote from: Syper;803730
i'm not a new member but had to create a new one because i no longer able to login to my account..and forget password doesn't work because was my old email..anyway around this?

my old account was "Syperhawk"

no problem. just send me a PM confirming this, and the email address you want assigned to your old ID. i'll then reset your password to a default and email you.

Quote from: pneron
thank you for registering me!

glad to finally have you able to post! :)

-- eliyahu

Offline retroPhil

• Show only replies by retroPhil
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 12:52:41 PM »
Finally!!! :D

Offline Niding

• Show only replies by Niding
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 02:16:23 PM »
Welcome (back)!

Offline Rabbi

• Show only replies by Rabbi
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2016, 04:53:50 PM »
Eliyahu,

Would those spambot preventers, such as having a random picture with a number or string of letters in them that you need to enter to prove that you're a real person help prevent those spambots from registering and cut down on your time to sort through that mess?
--------------------------------------------------------
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?
===================================================================
Computer used:     Amiga A1200 (NTSC version) with 128 MB ...

Offline Syper

• Show only replies by Syper
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 06:55:41 PM »
Quote from: eliyahu;803747
no problem. just send me a PM confirming this, and the email address you want assigned to your old ID. i'll then reset your password to a default and email you.

glad to finally have you able to post! :)

-- eliyahu
Thank You :)

Syperhawk

Offline Syperhawk

• Show only replies by Syperhawk
    • http://www.islandfriendly.ca
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2016, 10:41:07 PM »
08 February 2016

-- eliyahu
Thanks for my Old Account back  eliyahu:)

good to be back :)

Syperhawk
==================================
New Waterford,Nova Scotia
CANADA
A4000D 060/50 MHZ CV64 GFX 64 RAM
==================================

Offline Jezry

• Show only replies by Jezry
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2016, 12:54:42 AM »
Hi there and thanks:)

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2016, 12:56:52 AM »
@retroPhil / @Jezry

great to have you guys here! welcome! :)

-- eliyahu

Offline jackflash

• Show only replies by jackflash
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2016, 02:20:12 AM »
08 February 2016

Earlier today we were able to adjust some site permissions

-- eliyahu

For the past week I've been unable to access the site except the home page, clicking anything gave me a blank page with "forbidden", it's now working again, I think your site permissions might have had something to do with it

Offline QuikSanz

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2016, 02:22:45 AM »
Welcome to all new members. Glad you could join the party! Please don't feed the trolls, just ignore them.

Chris