Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Android  (Read 9062 times)

Description:

Offline partycentralpartygirl

• Show all replies
    • http://www.partycentralsupplies.com
Re: Android
« on: July 06, 2012, 12:50:14 AM »
Quote from: bloodline;699183
Did Jobs dislike Adobe? I don't think so, they were always given stage time at the keynotes and photoshop kept the mac alive through the dark years... What jobs didn't like was flash for a number of reasons... But we don't need to go there ;)

Scumbag Steve Jobs, declares Flash to be dead. Dies before Flash does.

I always thought to myself that the reason that Jobs hated Flash so much (other than it being a turd) was that it allowed cross platform application development and cut him out of the loop.

You can play Angry Birds on a PC or a Mac without giving Apple money via Flash. Want to play it on an iPhone/iPad/iPod? then you need to give Apple money.

That's my opinion, there are probably many reasons (it's crap) that Flash wasn't included, but this is definitely one of them.

As for the death of Flash... I predict that most sites will make the jump to HTML5 soon and flash will go away somewhat (Youtube is trying to make the leap) anyways unfortunately some old websites not meant for the general public still use dang ol' Flash and will probably use Flash for at least another 4 or 5 years. I still use online ordering sites that say "Best used with Netscape Naviagtor" on the bottom.

tl:dr; Some business will keep using their stupid Flash websites because "If it ain't broke then why fix it?"

Offline partycentralpartygirl

• Show all replies
    • http://www.partycentralsupplies.com
Re: Android
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 08:10:01 PM »
Quote from: Duce;699214

You want to call a dead man a "scumbag" because the company he ran charges a % on sales for coders using the ecosystem to sell their programs (as the other app store vendors do as well), that's on you,

I do not think you understand how the "scumbag" meme works.

Someone says something, and does another.

He claimed that Flash was dead, it is not dead yet, but he is deceased.

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/355jil/

The scumbag meme is a joke. Google Scumbag Steve, Scumbag Christians, Scumbag Jesus, Scumbag Government etc... etc...

He is a scumbag, but not because of flash. The thread is not about him anyways so I will not rant about his dealings with his daughter Lisa and the many times he cheated people including the Woz.

Regardless of the fact that he is a scumbag I am a business owner, I understand the concept of a free market. Apple charges money for goods and services, just like every single company on the planet. Anyways just because I still play with Amiga's does not mean I live under a rock.

No hard feelings.... Party hard tonight.

Free Apps/Games are not actually Free, they are stuffed with Ad's. If you play Angry Birds on Roxio's site it is outside of Apple's ecosystem. Apple (wisely) wants everything to be in their ecosystem. With Flash people can run games/emulators and many other programs and Apple has no control over it. MS does not let you run flash on the Xbox, likely for this reason as well... We will see what IE for the 360 does however, but I strongly believe they will not include it. On the other hand Nintendo does indeed have Flash support on the Wii, though it is crippled/old.

In my original post I mentioned that flash is crap. I will be happy when it dies. I am glad Apple did not have flash, I am glad Android is dropping flash. I have hated it since it was owned by Macromedia.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 08:40:22 PM by partycentralpartygirl »