Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How did the Amiga fare in Australia?  (Read 5742 times)

Description:

Offline Azryl

• Show all replies
    • http://www.azryl.com
Re: How did the Amiga fare in Australia?
« on: December 02, 2016, 12:42:09 AM »
I worked for a company in Richmond, Melbourne, Victoria.

This company had over 400x A500's in motels running specialized software for VCR control and movie schedules.

Over 600x A1200 in major hotel chains like Crown Towers, Hilton and many others.

We used the A1200's for small animations of navigation pages for a master antennae subscription movie service.

Some of the A1200's were used for Scala multimedia displays running what ever the hotel wanted as a information and description pages for their customers and guests with sound and voice over.

I personally shoe horned into a one inch high, custom 19U rack mount, an A1200 motherboard, 8meg ram expansion, 3.5inch hard disk, 3.5inch internal Iomega IDE 100meg ZIP drive and a face mount reset switch. I wrote custom boot scripts and software to control the copy/paste of Scala updates into the internal drive via the 100meg Zip. Great fun to do!

Many hotels had 6x A1200's installed in a server rack with the VCR's, master modem, amplifiers and assorted other hardware for the movie delivery system.

I also had to do Scala programming, all the monthly updates for graphics and animations. Every month we had new movies to be shown so new pages had to be created.

The main graphics machine was an A4000Tower, nice machine :) Brilliance V2 was the most useful AGA paint package I used, lovely program.

Az
Completely useless? I can always be used as a bad example  :lol: