Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga 3000T need help troubleshooting  (Read 6772 times)

Description:

Offline cdh

• Show all replies
Re: Amiga 3000T need help troubleshooting
« on: July 31, 2020, 10:00:41 AM »
Any chance you are able to burn a newer DiagROM version?  I recommend getting 1.2.1, which Chucky recently released:
    http://www.diagrom.com/
You can press the space bar at the main menu to switch between PAL (default) and NTSC mode. This needs to be done before the screen will draw correctly for NTSC users.

I don't know if the A3000T's SCSI driver acts the same as the A3000D, but I'm guessing it does. With my A3000D (3.1 ROM) if there is no SCSI drive attached, then the Amiga will just hang at power on rather than show the insert disk or boot select screen.

Offline cdh

• Show all replies
Re: Amiga 3000T need help troubleshooting
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 08:26:47 AM »
It looks like the space bar to switch between PAL and NTSC was added for DiagROM 1.2. I don't know how to switch between PAL and NTSC in the older DiagROM. If the serial port is working for you, then that's probably your best bet.

I'm in the Bay Area of CA and have an EEPROM programmer, but no blank parts right now. Hopefully my order from eBay (China) will arrive soon. I've been using F2R16 flash parts from GGLabs for my own systems. Wish I could figure out a cheap way to program the MX29F1615PC flash parts. I've exhausted all my ideas and have given up trying to get my TL866II Plus to program them. They are cheap on eBay, 2MB in size, and pin-compatible with Amiga EEPROM sockets.