Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Extract Pinball Dreams Highscore table  (Read 3799 times)

Description:

Offline efrenmgpTopic starter

Extract Pinball Dreams Highscore table
« on: December 08, 2018, 05:07:21 AM »
Hello!

Does anyone know if it is possible to extract the highscores from the Pinball Dreams diskette and use it with WHDLoad? I still have my old floppies around and they work fine. All the high scores from back then are still there and I would want to move them to the HD installed version.

I will appreciate any guidance if this is at all possible.

Thanks!

Re: Extract Pinball Dreams Highscore table
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 05:55:13 AM »
Did the WHDLoad installer not extract the highscore to a file onto your hd? Maybe try again with the latest version?

Well, the thing is. I created my WHDLoad version in WinUAE using IPF Disk images. Then I moved it to my real Amiga so maybe I'll try installing it directly from those floppies and see if they are copied over.

Thanks!

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 06:01:49 AM »
So you used to play on floppies with the disks write enabled?! That's dangerous IMHO. Corrupted my Emlyn Hughes' International Soccer disks that way :-(

Sorry to hear that :( In this case, they are a copy I made back in the day directly from the originals (which I also still have). It was a very pleasant surprise to see they still work fine. I've seen hard disks, CDs and DVDs live way shorter lives :o

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 06:04:46 AM »
The easiest way is to use the Multi-game Character Editor (http://amigan.1emu.net/releases/#mce) to edit the high scores on the WHDLoad version to match the scores you had.

Hey thanks for the tip! I'll give it a try :)

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 05:56:03 AM »
I think you'll probably find though that you're better now than you used to be, so those old high-scores probably won't last long.

Hehe I think it is quite the opposite. Most of them are not mine anyway but even those that are mine, I just don't know how I got them... I have not been able to reach 30 - 40% of those points now :P