Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: This is how my A1G4XE-system will be at the end:  (Read 3522 times)

Description:

Offline iamaboringperson

• Show only replies by iamaboringperson
Re: This is how my A1G4XE-system will be at the end:
« Reply #44 from previous page: January 27, 2003, 07:21:40 PM »
@Seehund
Of course, if you've got a 2.4 GHz CPU, you could keep your cup of coffee warm by placing it in the microwave radiation emanating from that hole... ;)

hey! i never thought of it like that! when will somebody design a case with a door in the side and a rotating tray! so i can put my pies in there and warm em up!!!  :-D
According to my prejudiced view, it seems like most people who buy ruined cases (with windows) are teenage "casemodders" who spend their allowance on cold cathode lights and stuff like that. It's usually the ones who glue spoilers, stickers and fake extra exhaust pipes on their fuzzy-dice-laden little Korean cars... ;)
heheheh.... well, thats exactly right! they think its all about appearance, and not build quality! i think looks are important to a certain degree, after all, your computer probably IS going to become a new peice of furniture in your house, so IMHO it shouldnt stick out like a saw thumb! it should be pleasant to look at

ps what happened to that old avatar? didnt like the old avatar, hmmm?
well... ill tell you what!....
its a hell of a lot better than that other new one ya got now IMO POS
 :-)

Offline Hammer

• Show only replies by Hammer
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2003, 02:38:54 AM »

ple3003 wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The nortbridge from VIA does not need cooling, and wont get very hot at all.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recall my old box's VIA Northbridge has a heat sink installed (MSI built motherboard). Are you referring to the VIA south bridge?

Seems like i got some facts mixed up  :-)
I actually meant tha Articia northbridge chip, that doesn't need cooling. neither do the VIA southbridge....

Heat sinks are just over clocking and 4X AGP. Most modern X86 BIOS gives you some over clocking abilities.

My old VIA chipset powered X86 motherboard can clock to 200 Mhz FSB (within the EV6 design specs).

Finding SDRAM modules (non-DDR) that support this speed would be near impossible.

Note MAI’s north bridge designs also supports X86 CPUs (they are almost equivalent to Intel BX440 chipset generation).

It would be nice if nVidia chipsets supports both PPC and X86, just like MAI’s designs.  
Amiga 1200 PiStorm32-Emu68-RPI 4B 4GB.
Ryzen 9 7900X, DDR5-6000 64 GB, RTX 4080 16 GB PC.

Offline Seehund

• Show only replies by Seehund
    • http://AmigaPOP.8bit.co.uk/
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2003, 02:36:37 PM »

iamaboringperson wrote:
@Seehund
Of course, if you've got a 2.4 GHz CPU, you could keep your cup of coffee warm by placing it in the microwave radiation emanating from that hole... ;)

hey! i never thought of it like that! when will somebody design a case with a door in the side and a rotating tray! so i can put my pies in there and warm em up!!!  :-D

Actually, I don't need no stinking microwave frequencies!
2 overclocked Athlons + 1 10 kRPM disk + 1 7.2 kRPM disk = hot coffee.

:)

(Yes, the fans are spinning, otherwise the coffee would be cold real soon and taste of burned AthlonMP. It's the camera flash.)

ps what happened to that old avatar? didnt like the old avatar, hmmm?
well... ill tell you what!....
its a hell of a lot better than that other new one ya got now IMO POS
 :-)

Hm, I thought Stinky would be more popular than the old Hieronymus Bosch monster. :)
[color=0000FF]Maybe it\\\'s still possible to [/color]save AmigaOS [color=0000FF][/size][/color]  :rtfm:......